• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

4/5 GDT: San Jose at Anaheim

Rate this topic

Guest MrSandMan

This game confirmed that Sharks/Ducks series will be very interesting. Make it happen Bettman!

Looking pretty likely we'll play the Ducks, which I think is awesome. It would be entertaining first of all, and also our players would be hungry for revenge from the last two times Anaheim knocked us out. Could be the little extra motivation our guys need to get rolling again. Plus I don't think any of us really want to play the Preds again.

I can't find a replay, but if Boucher did nothing, then Perry is a complete loser. The NHL only needs one Avery. I will squarely blame the refs for Perry's actions on Boucher because they did not call the slashing penalty. That's what happens when the officiating is so unbalanced all game long. The refs are afraid to call more penalties on the team that already has had so many.

Completely agree. But at the same time, Perry needs to pay for his actions. I am going to go out on the limb here and say that Avery isn't as bad as Perry. Avery may get into alot of fights, but he's an agitator and knows how to play that role. He may get out of hand sometimes, but IMO, Perry goes out of his way to intentionally hurt players. If the refs don't see it, he will continue to do it. Avery is a punk, but Perry is a little s***.

Completely agree. But at the same time, Perry needs to pay for his actions. I am going to go out on the limb here and say that Avery isn't as bad as Perry. Avery may get into alot of fights, but he's an agitator and knows how to play that role. He may get out of hand sometimes, but IMO, Perry goes out of his way to intentionally hurt players. If the refs don't see it, he will continue to do it. Avery is a punk, but Perry is a little s***.

The NHL should look at the end of the game and hand out the necessary suspensions. Give one to Pronger as well, just for being a ******.

The NHL should look at the end of the game and hand out the necessary suspensions. Give one to Pronger as well, just for being a ******.

8 3 20:00 10 C.PERRY 2 Roughing

9 3 20:00 15 R.GETZLAF 2 Interference on goalkeeper

10 3 20:00 15 R.GETZLAF 2 Roughing

11 3 20:00 15 R.GETZLAF 10 Misconduct (10 min)

12 3 20:00 8 T.SELANNE 10 Misconduct (10 min)

13 3 20:00 48 A.EBBETT 2 Roughing

14 3 20:00 48 A.EBBETT 10 Misconduct (10 min)

3 3 20:00 14 J.CHEECHOO 10 Misconduct (10 min)

4 3 20:00 19 J.THORNTON 2 Roughing

5 3 20:00 44 M.VLASIC 2 Roughing

6 3 20:00 44 M.VLASIC 10 Misconduct (10 min)

7 3 20:00 33 B.BOUCHER 2 Goalie leave crease

All the penalties called at the end of the game.

8 3 20:00 10 C.PERRY 2 Roughing

9 3 20:00 15 R.GETZLAF 2 Interference on goalkeeper

10 3 20:00 15 R.GETZLAF 2 Roughing

11 3 20:00 15 R.GETZLAF 10 Misconduct (10 min)

12 3 20:00 8 T.SELANNE 10 Misconduct (10 min)

13 3 20:00 48 A.EBBETT 2 Roughing

14 3 20:00 48 A.EBBETT 10 Misconduct (10 min)

3 3 20:00 14 J.CHEECHOO 10 Misconduct (10 min)

4 3 20:00 19 J.THORNTON 2 Roughing

5 3 20:00 44 M.VLASIC 2 Roughing

6 3 20:00 44 M.VLASIC 10 Misconduct (10 min)

7 3 20:00 33 B.BOUCHER 2 Goalie leave crease

All the penalties called at the end of the game.

A simple slashing penalty and all those penalties are avoided.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Fight at the end of the period. Notice at the end of the period, Perry stomps over Boucher when Boucher didn't do anything.

Repost please. Nothing showed up.

The refs screwed this game up in more than one way. The Sharks benefited from the the penalty standpoint, and to their credit cashed in on the PP and it won them the game. Had the refs not swallowed the whistles with about 2 minutes left in the game, the bedlam that ensued at the end of the game would have easily been avoided. When you start to let things go, the players push the envelope even further. It's nothing new and not rocket science. Everything snowballs until it gets out of hand, which is what happened tonight. That is when players get injured and their careers are put at risk. No one wants that in the game. The league needs to do something about the officiating.

Fight at the end of the period. Notice at the end of the period, Perry stomps over Boucher when Boucher didn't do anything.

The replay makes me wonder why it was Getzlaf that got the game misconduct and not Perry. At first I thought Perry might have been tripped and ended up running into Boucher, but after watching it a couple of times it's clear that Perry just went after him. It looked as if Perry knew the game was about to end and wanted blood. Refs missed a cross-check too. Refs call the cross-check on the Sharks and the slash and the end game brawl never happen. Bad job by the refs tonight. Congrats to the Sharks though. This game all but locks up the top spot in the Conference.

Edited by Mike

The replay makes me wonder why it was Getzlaf that got the game misconduct and not Perry. At first I thought Perry might have been tripped and ended up running into Boucher, but after watching it a couple of times it's clear that Perry just went after him. It looked as if Perry knew the game was about to end and wanted blood. Refs missed a cross-check too. Refs call the cross-check and the slash never happens.

I went over to the Ducks board to check out what their fans said about the fight, and they claimed that the refs missed "6 or more penalties" on the Sharks in the last minute of the game. No idea how they came up with that one.

I've always hated Perry and this team, and after this game, my hatred has escalated.

Guest MrSandMan

The scrum at the end of the game was result of the refs. I can understand Ducks frustration getting the short end of the calls tonight. It's no secret that refs favored San Jose in calls and turned their head when they should have called penalites against the Sharks.

Very much one-sided game and it's a shame that refs abuse their power by deciding games. If anyone should get suspensions, it should be the refs.

The scrum at the end of the game was result of the refs. I can understand Ducks frustration getting the short end of the calls tonight. It's no secret that refs favored San Jose in calls and turned their head when they should have called penalites against the Sharks.

Very much one-sided game and it's a shame that refs abuse their power by deciding games. If anyone should get suspensions, it should be the refs.

While I agree with you (surprisingly), frustration is no excuse for Perry's actions. Not only against the Sharks, but any team.

I agree with your post in the sense that the refs blew it tonight, and that it favored the Sharks.

I'm not sure if you're implying that the refs wanted the Sharks to win or not, and if you weren't then just disregard the rest of the post. I think the refs want to do a good job just as much as the players do at their job...they just really sucked tonight. Even if the refs did have some sort of bias, it would be completely stupid to jeopardize their career and livelihood and intentionally slant a game to their personal liking.

I agree with your post in the sense that the refs blew it tonight, and that it favored the Sharks.

I'm not sure if you're implying that the refs wanted the Sharks to win or not, and if you weren't then just disregard the rest of the post. I think the refs want to do a good job just as much as the players do at their job...they just really sucked tonight. Even if the refs did have some sort of bias, it would be completely stupid to jeopardize their career and livelihood and intentionally slant a game to their personal liking.

It was one-sided in favor of the Sharks, but only, I thought, when seen on a call by call basis. I saw Pronger get a away with a lot tonight (as usual), but when some weak penalties got called against the Ducks, it made me sit up and think, They're calling Pronger's penalties - just not against Pronger!

I could be completely wrong, of course, but that's what it looked like to me. The whiny, bratty, untouchable golden boy prince was naughty, and his whipping boys, and therefore his entire team, paid the price.

Guest MrSandMan

No, it kinda seemed as though the refs had an agenda tonight. That agenda was to make sure Sharks win no matter what.

But that's my impression from all the non-calls against the Sharks and the weak calls against the Ducks. I'm sure Shark fans won't see it from the same perspective.

No, it kinda seemed as though the refs had an agenda tonight. That agenda was to make sure Sharks win no matter what.

But that's my impression from all the non-calls against the Sharks and the weak calls against the Ducks. I'm sure Shark fans won't see it from the same perspective.

I actually don't believe that for any team (i.e., the refs have an agenda to make sure that a certain team wins). If it had been the other way around, with nothing but calls for Anaheim, and none against, I still wouldn't believe the refs had that particular agenda for Anaheim. Something was up, though. It's impossible to get into the minds of refs, but it did strike me that they were playing equalizer, as refs often do (e.g., miss one strong call, but make up for it later with a weaker call), but I don't think it's ever with the intent to ensure that any particular team wins.

Guest MrSandMan
I actually don't believe that for any team (i.e., the refs have an agenda to make sure that a certain team wins). If it had been the other way around, with nothing but calls for Anaheim, and none against, I still wouldn't believe the refs had that particular agenda for Anaheim. Something was up, though. It's impossible to get into the minds of refs, but it did strike me that they were playing equalizer, as refs often do (e.g., miss one strong call, but make up for it later with a weaker call), but I don't think it's ever with the intent to ensure that any particular team wins.

It's just hard to fathom that professional refs would miss so many calls, then call weak penalties against the other team.

Sure, they are human and can make a mistake. But not so many; like tonight, I don't buy it for one second. They had a purpose (for these mistakes) and ultimately, it decided the game.

Maybe someone from Anaheim rubbed a ref wrong and they had a chip on their shoulder and decided to screw the Ducks... or maybe they like Sharks better, who knows, but the game wasn't called fairly or correctly. How can they make such obvious mistakes? It must go deeper than random mistakes.

Edited by MrSandMan

This.

This game confirmed that Sharks/Ducks series will be very interesting. Make it happen Bettman!

You're implying that (at this point) the Ducks beat the Wings in the first round. I'd rather see the Wings play Columbus instead of Anaheim in the first round. No thanks. An early 3-0 lead or 4-0 lead for the Wings = target Zetterberg's back, Franzen's head and all of Lidstrom.

Edited by Zion

Guest MrSandMan
You're implying that (at this point) the Ducks beat the Wings in the first round. I'd rather see the Wings play Columbus instead of Anaheim in the first round. No thanks. An early 3-0 lead or 4-0 lead for the Wings = target Zetterberg's back, Franzen's head and all of Lidstrom.

No, I am implying that Sharks/Ducks have a nice rivalry going on. Them playing would not only be great for NHL, but fun to watch. And I don't mean in the finals, I mean in round 2 (hopefully).

Wings / Sharks would be fun in the WCF