• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nev

Helm, "Best skater I've ever seen"

Rate this topic

No, I'm not blind. Franzen "goes" to the net. Your idea of crashing the net must be different than mine, And why don't you dig up a few big body checks by Franzen and post them cuz I musta missed them...........

i dont want to hijack this thread but

jaust a few of his BIG hits

Darren Helm has been great to watch! He is always hitting somebody, He has the skill and speed that Draper had back in the 90's and he hits like Maltby did in the 90's. I'm not taking anything away from Drapes and Malts, but Helmer remind me of them!!

As for what some of you all said about Franzen, he may be a victim of his own success! He does hit when he has to, but he is mostly focused on scoring. He's a 30 goal scorer, as a forward with his skill, he is suppose to get to the front of the net and cause hell there, not along the boards and out of position! Just my two cents! but I understand both arguments!

GO WINGS!!!

Darren Helm has been great to watch! He is always hitting somebody, He has the skill and speed that Draper had back in the 90's and he hits like Maltby did in the 90's. I'm not taking anything away from Drapes and Malts, but Helmer remind me of them!!

As for what some of you all said about Franzen, he may be a victim of his own success! He does hit when he has to, but he is mostly focused on scoring. He's a 30 goal scorer, as a forward with his skill, he is suppose to get to the front of the net and cause hell there, not along the boards and out of position! Just my two cents! but I understand both arguments!

GO WINGS!!!

Well we better hope he keeps scoring goals cuz the rest of his game sure as hell isn't worth even half of what he is going to be making.......

Helm can score. We saw it last year. 4th line isn't really the scoring role though. He'd need at least 3rd line minutes to get into a grove and find a scoring touch. Or, remove maltby, bring up leino, and you have kopecky, helm, leino....looks like a dangerous 4th line to me. One thing about helm ....while not huge he knows how to use his weight and momentum to create the hit. Guys like franzen, while big and a little fast only rely on their size because its what they know. Franzen hits, but helm hits better.

Ever since seeing Helm in last years playoffs, he has honestly been one of my favorite players on the team.

I just love the energy he brings every single night. I also dont think he has the best scoring touch...(not yet at least) but he makes up for that with effort.

I love seeing him in the line up and hopefully next year he will have a regular spot.

When Draper is able to get back into the lineup, I think Malts will get the short end of the stick. Kope is playing well and using his size to grind down so I don't think that Malts will trump him. If anything Kope and Malts will be swapped out depending on the situation. Draper is just too valuable in the face off to be a healthy scratch.