• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 2 GDT: Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

I hate it when the Wings play in OT.

The result is usually inevitable. I hope it ends quickly.

Zetterberg wins the opening faceoff to Lidstrom, Lidstrom takes a few steps forward, shoots it from center ice, and SCORES! :yowza::yowza:

How's that for a prediction.

Guest mindfly

No hunger or desperation at all... datsyuk is a worse playoff choker than Thornton...

How ******* hard can it be to clear the zone.. two times when they failed chicago scored... just great...

...and ur not trying to be a negative nancy? :rolleyes:

i think were due for an ot win :)

I guess I was trying to point that the Blackhawks have a perfect OT record this year I think, without trying to be too negative about it :unsure:

I haven't seen so many near misses in any game in recent memory. Aim.

They are aiming but they are doing it from horrible angles.

This is kinda what they did against Anaheim in a way. They are going for the cute goals from the bad angles over the shoulder. With the exception of the Cleary goal (which was a breakaway), they've scored by going to the net in their set plays instead of skating down the boards and trying it that way.

He's pressing instead of letting the game come to him.

That's pretty obvious. How to break him out of this funk I do not know however.

Why not try totally new line mates. Flip and Franzen for example? Hudler and Franzen? Hudler and Cleary? Anything!!!!

Its painful to watch Hossa and Datsyuk anymore. How can two incredible players be so ineffective, for so long?

would we all like to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Im not gonna be the negative one.. but one thing I have noticed consistently all through the playoffs this year and last and even most of the regular season games.. somehow we seem to make every single goalie we play against look superhuman.. im not taking anything away from Khabby or anybody but seriously with the skill we have and the amount of shots we take we should not have this problem.. Maybe its just shot placement and bad shots but or just my imagination but it seems like every goalie we play ends up looking amazing.. I doubt that every single goalie we play just brings out their best game possible every time they play us..

is franzen hurt? he has been anonymous tonight.

and aside from his breakaway goal, cleary has been very quiet too.

now with those 2 struggling the lack of output from hossa and datsyuk becomes a major problem.

imagine how big a boost it would be to pav if he could get the OT winner here

Wings don't have a good recent history of OT, although triple overtime with Larionov and calgary with Franzen do come to mind. I am so nervous. I am getting chest pains due to intense nerves. How I survived game 7 is beyond me.

Perfect time for one of our big guns to break out.

You just know if Chicago wins in OT we'll hear nothing but "THE COMEBACK KIDS" for the next 3 days.

Pretty much.

In a huge game like this, Datsyuk or Hossa getting a goal in OT would absolve them of their faults for the past round.

We went 4-6 with Hasek in net in OT's.

How does that make him an OT king?

was that in the playoffs??? we were the KINGS with hasek... thats what i remember...

i have been known to be wrong before...