• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Holmstrom96

NHL Staff Writer: "Is [Crosby] Perfect?"

Rate this topic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=423247&...vid=DL|NHL|Home

...[perfection] is certainly a worthwhile pursuit for Crosby, who staked his claim to being the best player in hockey after out-dueling Washington's Alexander Ovechkin -- the likely regular-season MVP -- in the last round of the playoffs.

And of course embedded in the article is a poll:

Is Sidney Crosby the best player in the NHL?

I'm surprised they gave us a "no" option.

Is anyone else sick of NHL staff writers comparing Crosby to Gretzky and calling him "perfect" and saying that because he won the series against Washington that he's better than Ovechkin? Don't get me wrong, Crosby is a great hockey player, but dang, he hasn't done anything yet to be placed on such a high pedastal.

I've got to give the NHL credit though, this article is the first time the NHL has publicly acknowledged that Crosby did not win the 2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Crosby, "Perfect"? Oh gag me.

Yeah im getting a little annoyed seeing crosby on the front page every single day... but what can you do? Crosby sells tickets, and T.V revenue for the NHL... there going to market him the best they can all the way through the playoffs.

Crosby is a superstar but i seriously doubt he would be leading the league in points if he wasnt getting the ice time that he gets..

* Pittsburgh Penguins' franchise record for assists in a season by a rookie (63)

* Pittsburgh Penguins' franchise record for points in a season by a rookie (102)

* First rookie to record 100 points and 100 penalty minutes in a season

* Youngest player in NHL history to record 100 points in a season

* Youngest player in NHL history to record 200 career points (19 years and 207 days)

* Youngest player in NHL history to have 2 consecutive 100 point seasons.

* Youngest player to be voted to the NHL All-Star Game

* Youngest player in NHL history to win the Art Ross Trophy

* Youngest player in NHL history to win the Lester B. Pearson Award

* Youngest player in NHL history to be named to the First All-Star Team

* Youngest player in NHL history to be named a full team captain (In January 1984, Brian Bellows of the Minnesota North Stars was made interim captain at 5 months younger than Crosby, but he only served the latter half of the 1983–84 season replacing injured captain Craig Hartsburg)

There are so many people with better credentials in the NHL especially being Canadian and a great playoff performer.

Guest micah

Crosby isn't perfect, the writer of that article says he isn't perfect, his coach says he isn't perfect. what he is, is an amazing hockey player, perhaps the best in the world. I can't find anything in that article that would bother you. What specifically do you disagree with (other than the over-promotion of Crosby)?

When he's on Crosby's team, Hossa scores in the playoffs <stirs pot>

Guest Shoreline

Why can't they ever have a Red Wing on the front *stomps feet and throws a fit*...

Oh wait..

ozzie.gif

Crosby isn't perfect, the writer of that article says he isn't perfect, his coach says he isn't perfect. what he is, is an amazing hockey player, perhaps the best in the world. I can't find anything in that article that would bother you. What specifically do you disagree with (other than the over-promotion of Crosby)?

When he's on Crosby's team, Hossa scores in the playoffs <stirs pot>

The headline on the main page is different than in the article. At NHL's main page it said, "Is Sid the Kid Perfect?"

It just all disgusts me. Instead of talking about hockey, NHL chooses to discuss whether or not Crosby is the messiah.

The headline on the main page is different than in the article. At NHL's main page it said, "Is Sid the Kid Perfect?"

It just all disgusts me. Instead of talking about hockey, NHL chooses to discuss whether or not Crosby is the messiah.

And 61% is saying "yes"? Wonder how many times I can vote "no"?

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Wait a second, Crosby's NOT perfect? I thought this was already settled.

esteef

:D HAHA!

What I find amazing and what most people don't think about or have any perspective on is that barring injury and assuming he has a Crosby-like offensive season next year.....He will break the 500 point plateau at age 22.

Is he going to win a Selke? Not likely anytime soon. IMO, that's makes Datsyuk and Z better all around players than him.

That being said, 500 points by age 22! IS THAT s*** FOR REAL! How many NHLers in history have recorded a 1000 career points? My guess is less than 75. Crosby, given his current level of play and youth, should break 1000 career points by the time he's 27 or 28 years old.

With longevity, that kind of pace would put him in Steve Yzerman, Mario Lemieux 1700+ points category. And that my friend's is some rarefied friggin' air!

Amazing talent. Not the flashiest guy ever but just knows how to get it done offensively. Sort of reminds me of another guy who wasn't especially big or fast or a great defensive player but just a phenomenal offensive power. What the heck was his name again? Wayne something or other........

What I find amazing and what most people don't think about or have any perspective on is that barring injury and assuming he has a Crosby-like offensive season next year.....He will break the 500 point plateau at age 22.

Is he going to win a Selke? Not likely anytime soon. IMO, that's makes Datsyuk and Z better all around players than him.

That being said, 500 points by age 22! IS THAT s*** FOR REAL! How many NHLers in history have recorded a 1000 career points? My guess is less than 75. Crosby, given his current level of play and youth, should break 1000 career points by the time he's 27 or 28 years old.

With longevity, that kind of pace would put him in Steve Yzerman, Mario Lemieux 1700+ points category. And that my friend's is some rarefied friggin' air!

Amazing talent. Not the flashiest guy ever but just knows how to get it done offensively. Sort of reminds me of another guy who wasn't especially big or fast or a great defensive player but just a phenomenal offensive power. What the heck was his name again? Wayne something or other........

Primeau? :P

Sid's a good player, of that there is no doubt.

esteef

If Crosby is so perfect why doesn't he play on the PK? Oh yeah, he sucks at defending.

Edited by Mike

Yeah, there's no doubt he's one of the best offensive players in the current league, if not the best.

What's being discussed, though, is whether he's the perfect forward. In which case, no, he's not. He can't go both ways.

Discussion over. :lol:

Guest Shoreline

It's rare that I would cite a quote from micah, but people need to ******* read the article before their usual knee-jerk s*** when they see the name "Crosby"..

Sooooooooooo,

If Cindy was perfect, wouldn't he have lifted the cup last June? Just saying.

I hate Crosby worse than any other player in the league, and that's only like 60% his own doing. The other 40% is the NHL trying to cram the little cry baby piss ant down my throat everytime I'm trying to watch a game or read NHL articles. It was 50/50 until he cried about only getting one hat thrown out for him and ove got 944,002. What a little brat.

Sooooooooooo,

I hate Crosby worse than any other player in the league, and that's only like 60% his own doing. The other 40% is the NHL trying to cram the little cry baby piss ant down my throat everytime I'm trying to watch a game or read NHL articles. It was 50/50 until he cried about only getting one hat thrown out for him and ove got 944,002. What a little brat.

SC-hoisting-SC5B15D.jpg

Guest micah
Sooooooooooo,

<sigh>

Who claimed he was perfect? Name names, please.

It was 50/50 until he cried about only getting one hat thrown out for him and ove got 944,002. What a little brat.

That never actually happened, you know.

He whined because he wanted to get the game back on, not because he didn't get as many hats thrown for his awesome performance as Ovy did for his own awesome performance - in Washington.

What specifically do you disagree with (other than the over-promotion of Crosby)?

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I hate the way the league forces him on us. They don't do this with any other player. If he wasn't such a little whinner and look like he's wearing lipstick in the VS commercial it wouldn't be so bad.

I don't give a damn if anyone flat out said CINDY CROSBY IS THE PERFECT PLAYER, the fact that the question was even asked was an insult to better players, like one's who have actually lifted a cup. That's all.

Oh and BTW, you're trying to tell me little Cindy would have been whinning about getting the game back underway if it was HE who received 944,002 hats? Right. He was complaining because someone got more attention than he did. The league is giving him a serious superiority complex and making him believe he is bigger than the game itself. These are the reason I hate him.

Sooooooooooo,

Absolutely not.

Hockey is a team sport; if your team only has offensive firepower, you're not going to make it very far.

If Sid was a perfect hockey player, yeah, that might have made a difference, but it wouldn't be the determining factor.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I hate the way the league forces him on us. They don't do this with any other player. If he wasn't such a little whinner and look like he's wearing lipstick in the VS commercial it wouldn't be so bad.

I don't give a damn if anyone flat out said CINDY CROSBY IS THE PERFECT PLAYER, the fact that the question was even asked was an insult to better players, like one's who have actually lifted a cup. That's all.

Oh and BTW, you're trying to tell me little Cindy would have been whinning about getting the game back underway if it was HE who received 944,002 hats? Right. He was complaining because someone got more attention than he did. The league is giving him a serious superiority complex and making him believe he is bigger than the game itself. These are the reason I hate him.

One undeniable fact though...whining aside, the Detroit Red Wings, and there are probably 2 to 4 of them, dive far more than Crosby does.

That's right, I said it. We may not whine like Crosby "does" and I don't believe he's nearly the whiner that people make him out to be. But we clearly, and the Anaheim series proved it, dive more than any team I have ever seen. Personally, I find it unsportsmanlike and distasteful and just needed to throw that out there seeing as how this is our standard, weekly, Crosby *****-fest thread. :hehe: