• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Predictable Patterns Killing The Game?

Rate this topic

First off, this is not a knee-jerk thread.

But this is what annoys me the most about the current NHL:

If we were to have done a poll here today on LGWs, I would expect at least 80% of members would have predicted a Penguins win tonight. Also, they perhaps would have predicted that it would be the Pens PP that would bail them out.

Of course, these two exact things happened.

My question: Does the ability for fans like us to call a game, and the nature which it unfolds, ahead of time mean that the NHL has become too transparent? And does this taint the quality of playoff hockey.

Personally, I'd like to be wrong a few times. Makes things more exciting.

Edited by rick zombo

No. The first game of the 2 at home (Game 1, and Game 3) for each team is an advantage. You get to start fresh and you get your crowd behind you. The visiting team has to fly in and settle into unfamiliar areas (rinks/hotels/restaurants).

I did all my rituals for Game 7 against the Ducks. I was watching it. My friends wanted me to go out with them and said what I do has no outcome on the game. I said, he was right got up and left. Wings still won. We can call this sorta stuff because we are intelligent at hockey? Just a guess.

First off, this is not a knee-jerk thread.

But this is what annoys me the most about the current NHL:

If we were to have done a poll here today on LGWs, I would expect at least 80% of members would have predicted a Penguins win tonight. Also, they perhaps would have predicted that it would be the Pens PP that would bail them out.

Of course, these two exact things happened.

My question: Does the ability for fans like us to call a game, and the nature which it unfolds, ahead of time mean that the NHL has become too transparent? And does this taint the quality of playoff hockey.

Personally, I'd like to be wrong a few times. Makes things more exciting.

nothing against the pens PP but it was our PK that decided the game. we never ever ever ever pressure the points. its amazing that we have the best goalie in the playoffs and the 14th PK out of 16. something is wrong with that!

im not trying to take anything away from the pens, again. but im just saying, pressure the points, make them make bad passes or hurried shots and have someone there to clear the zone and i bet you our pk% improves.

We clearly can't call the game otherwise Pittsburgh wouldn't even be in the final, Carolina wouldn't have beat Boston, and San Jose would've destroyed Anaheim.

Other than that, we expect the Wings to win home games against teams that we're better than. It's not predicting; it's called common sense. Then Pittsburgh should probably come back, play really hard, and win game 3 right? Finally, with the return of Datsyuk and some anger over the last loss Detroit busts their ass and wins game 4. It only makes sense.

We clearly can't call the game otherwise Pittsburgh wouldn't even be in the final, Carolina wouldn't have beat Boston, and San Jose would've destroyed Anaheim.

Other than that, we expect the Wings to win home games against teams that we're better than. It's not predicting; it's called common sense. Then Pittsburgh should probably come back, play really hard, and win game 3 right? Finally, with the return of Datsyuk and some anger over the last loss Detroit busts their ass and wins game 4. It only makes sense.

+ 1

Edited by Yak19