• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheOwl

Osgood

Rate this topic

And they lost.

What a ******* tragedy.

Exactly my point. Ozzie was good enough that it wouldn't have taken MUCH more. Just a touch. Just a bit more.

They couldn't even manage that.

Seems like many players who were counted on this year took a "who's going to step up" attitude, waiting for the next guy to be the hero.

Oz played the part of hero often enough.

He couldn't do it by himself, unfortunately.

Edited by Outsider

Still can't believe the Wings couldn't must more than 23 shots on goal and one in the back of the net. Ozzy got them through series after series of mediocre play, and when the chips we down, we couldn't pot more than 1 goal for him. So depressed.....

Thanks Ozzy, you're a real gamer, and 4th cup ring asside, if you're not in the HOF in the end, no one deserves to be.

I do not like Osgood very much, but he was great in these playoffs. But still, some people overrate him - "took Wings to SC final" are you joking? Not to mention a very soft 2nd goal in game 7 of the SC final. But overall, he was awesome!

Soft goal? You have to be kidding me. Kronwall (I'm pretty sure it was Kronwall) just skated down the middle looking at the two Penguins players. Ozzie has no idea whether he's going to play the pass or play the shot. Piss poor defense there.

If the Wings had won, the Conn Smythe was his.

The poor performance of Detroit's skaters tonight may turn out to be the thing that stops him from getting into the HHOF. I honestly believe a Detroit win would've resulted in him winning the Smythe.

I think that THAT is what makes this loss the hardest. His teammates may have cost him the respect he so rightfully deserves.

The poor performance of Detroit's skaters tonight may turn out to be the thing that stops him from getting into the HHOF. I honestly believe a Detroit win would've resulted in him winning the Smythe.

I think so too.

The biggest problem was Osgood raised his level of play in the post-season and the defense never really did, they never got on the same page. Defense wins championships, and it's remarkable we got as far as we did despite a lot of lackluster performances from our D(I feel Ozzie had to bail us out on many occasions). We relied on our offense too much and you can't expect to win a championship with that mindset.

Congrats to Ozzie on a great post-season, hope we're back next year with a tougher, meaner defense to help you out

Soft goal? You have to be kidding me. Kronwall (I'm pretty sure it was Kronwall) just skated down the middle looking at the two Penguins players. Ozzie has no idea whether he's going to play the pass or play the shot. Piss poor defense there.

If the Wings had won, the Conn Smythe was his.

I'm not blaming Osgood or saying the goal was soft, but I don't see it that way. Kronwall took away the pass and forced Talbot to shoot. If you watch a replay, shooting was his only option. Nik did all you can ask of a defenseman when on a 1 on 2 breakaway.

I'm not blaming Osgood or saying the goal was soft, but I don't see it that way. Kronwall took away the pass and forced Talbot to shoot. If you watch a replay, shooting was his only option. Nik did all you can ask of a defenseman when on a 1 on 2 breakaway.

Yeah, I watched the replay several times. I still don't think Kronner did a good job. But, I suppose different people can see different things. Some people see a giant conspiracy to get the Wings. Others don't ;)

Yeah, I watched the replay several times. I still don't think Kronner did a good job. But, I suppose different people can see different things. Some people see a giant conspiracy to get the Wings. Others don't ;)

What could he have done, in your opinion?

Hats off to Ozzie! I'll admit I was a little concerned going into the playoffs, but when that man says he'll be ready, he isn't kidding! Ozzie was consistently our best player during this post season. I don't know how much more the Wings could have asked of him! He was great! Way to go Oz!