• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
heed316

Stanley Cup final most-watched NHL game in 36 years

Rate this topic

link

Friday night's deciding Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final on NBC was the most-watched pro hockey game in 36 years.

The game drew 8 million viewers. That's modest for a football or basketball playoff. For hockey in the United States, however, it's a huge number and not matched since a 1973 game between Montreal and Chicago (which drew 9.4 million).

Overall, the series averaged 5.6 million viewers for five games on NBC, the best showing since 2002 (which aired for three games on ABC). NBC won Friday in the adult demo as well, averaging a 3.2 rating.

At least the most people in 36 years got to watch us lose <_<

Here's the CBC numbers

link

The seventh and deciding game of the Stanley Cup final between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Detroit Red Wings was a ratings winner from both sides of the border.

Friday night's Game 7 drew an average of 3.529 million viewers, attracting the largest audience of the best-of-seven series, CBC announced on Monday.

The Penguins upended the defending Stanley Cup champion Wings, 2-1.

In the United States, the contest drew the largest amount of viewers in 36 years as NBC earned a 4.3 rating and an eight share, meaning an average of eight million viewers took in the game.

Still, CBC's telecast of the entire series was down from last season's matchup when the Wings finished off Pittsburgh in six games.

CBC averaged 2.154 million viewers for the seven-game rematch, down seven per cent from last season.

I hope Wings take on the Capitals in the SCF next year. That series would blow the ratings out of the water. Everyone would be more excited to see Alexander Ovechkin over Crosby any day.

Man, that would be an exciting series! :)

I hope Wings take on the Capitals in the SCF next year. That series would blow the ratings out of the water. Everyone would be more excited to see Alexander Ovechkin over Crosby any day.

Man, that would be an exciting series! :)

translation: i'm so mad and so passive aggressive that i'll just find any excuse in any thread to relate it to how the Capitals would be a better match-up than the team that just beat the Wings in 7 games. You're a retarded f***, Snazzy, full ******* retard.

translation: i'm so mad and so passive aggressive that i'll just find any excuse in any thread to relate it to how the Capitals would be a better match-up than the team that just beat the Wings in 7 games. You're a retarded f***, Snazzy, full ******* retard.

When all you can do is say f*** and call people retarded, well, you're probably not very smart =P

Some people would rather watch the best player in the world.

http://www.nhl.com/players/8471214.html

Guest micah

the non-stop promotion of Crosby has resulted in increased viewership for the cup Finals, and, hopefully, a larger NHL fanbase. Nice job, Gary Bettman!