• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mru22

Best story for next year....

Rate this topic

In my opinion I think the road to the finals in the last two years have been great stories for sports.

Last year the wings winning after pulling their goalie and going to the bench for a "wash up" named 'wasgood" :) and then to have the pens pull their coach this year and run the table by winning two game 7's on the road including one in our house. Quite impressive I don't care what anyone says.

So how about this for next year.

Pitt and Detroit meet a third time both having won games 7's on the road (Detroit beating the ducks) Then Marian Hossa wins the Conn Smythe by scoring the winning goal in OT of game 7 in Hockey Town and Osgood/Lidstrom retiring off into the Sunset .

Better for guys to go out of Top :)

Third time will the charm for Marian!! I think people deserve a second chance and so let him try prove himself one more time.

I know I'm dreaming but I think for the average person who barely watches hockey that it might be enjoyable. I had people who never watch hockey actually tune in last year and the non "Versus" games this year just for those two teams. I definitely helps the popularity especially with so many superstars.

GO WINGS!!

I do think a lot of those people (outside Pitt) that said they wanted Hossa to lose because he jumped ship probably fogive him, after his not so spectacular playoffs and losing to his old team in game 7. Heck I bet most would eventually root for him thinking he has eatin enough crow.

Heck I bet most would eventually root for him thinking he has eatin enough crow.

No way. To most Penguin-fans Hossa is their archenemy, their nemesis. He's worse than Judas, he's the embodiment of evil, the spawn of satan.

If the Wings are lucky enough to make it back to the Finals for a third consecutive time, I would really want to see them face another team. I know everyone wants the Wings to win the Cup back from them, but seeing the same SCF for 3 years in a row is pretty boring IMO. I would love to see the Wings take on the Bruins, Capitals, Rangers, or the Canadiens.

If the Wings are lucky enough to make it back to the Finals for a third consecutive time, I would really want to see them face another team. I know everyone wants the Wings to win the Cup back from them, but seeing the same SCF for 3 years in a row is pretty boring IMO. I would love to see the Wings take on the Bruins, Capitals, Rangers, or the Canadiens.

Yeah, Original 6 or Bust! Well, I could take Washington, too. Every year we all hope for an Original 6 matchup, but it'll never happen. I'm tired of the Pens as well. Everyone talks about this rivalry but I just don't see it. We happened to play them twice, but there's no particular ill will between the teams and I still feel the Wings are above and beyond anything the Pens could reach. I don't like to make excuses, but learnign about just how widespread and serious the injuries on the Wings were, it makes sense to me now why the team was always starting to slow and always having trouble forcing the puck into their zone. I've become more impressed with how the WIngs almost won this thing basically on one collective leg while the Pens were perfectly healthy and energetic.

So no, I don't care for Crosby but the rest of the Pens I could take or leave. No rivalry there and I'd rather face a new team next year.

The Pens barely made the playoffs this year, barely beat a mediocre Washington team and barely beat the Champs when the champs were essentially the walking wounded.

I don't see them back in the finals again. They just aren't that good. 2 superstars and a mediocre goalie don't make a great team. They were fortunate this year and last year they had a Hossa that played out of his mind.

I would expect Boston to come out of the East. But we will see..

The Pens barely made the playoffs this year, barely beat a mediocre Washington team and barely beat the Champs when the champs were essentially the walking wounded.

I don't see them back in the finals again. They just aren't that good. 2 superstars and a mediocre goalie don't make a great team. They were fortunate this year and last year they had a Hossa that played out of his mind.

I would expect Boston to come out of the East. But we will see..

I wouldn't say the Penguins aren't that good, they made it to the finals two years in a row, as did we. Saying there not that good is saying the same for us. Now Detroit is deffinetly the better team, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that Pitt isn't that good. They have a lot of young talent on the team. I am not saying they will or will not make the finals next year but just making a point on your statement.

As for the Bruins, they remind me of the Sharks, playoff choke artists. I don't see them making the finals next year. Especially since there more then likely to not re-sign Phil Kessel this off season, they won't be able to keep him after the Krejci signing in mid year. I honestly think hes a big part of the B's sucess and withouth him, thats just another setback.

You've gotta be doin somethin' right to make back to back trips to the Finals. That said I don't think the east is really very strong. There aren't many complete teams anyway. Washington defense looked bad against Pgh, I don't whats up with NYR. I picked Car. to win the east but they just looked tired. I like the Pens or Caps to get there next season. Hopefully the Wings do what they need to do in the off-season.

You've gotta be doin somethin' right to make back to back trips to the Finals. That said I don't think the east is really very strong. There aren't many complete teams anyway. Washington defense looked bad against Pgh, I don't whats up with NYR. I picked Car. to win the east but they just looked tired. I like the Pens or Caps to get there next season. Hopefully the Wings do what they need to do in the off-season.

I would imagine the East to be more competitve last year. Washington was 2008's Pittsburgh. I imagine they stand a good shot at reaching the Finals next year. Pittsburgh I think really won't be much of a threat, it just seems like they won't have the talent they do now. But then again their coaching is pretty good and they have the experience. They won't make finals again but they might make second round.

The rest of the East is a tossup. It always is. There's no consistency from year to year. I think it's safe to say that barring any collossal roster changes the West will remain a show for San Jose, Detroit, and Anaheim. Oh, and Chicago might make some noise, too.

Edited by VM1138