Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

must've been an injury that let him do everything except score i guess, weird

#3 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:29 PM

Eh, Chicago will be fine, they've got Kopecky.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#4 skacore

skacore

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (edicius @ July 21, 2009 - 11:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh, Chicago will be fine, they've got Kopecky.

yea potential two-way power forward who could get like 30-40 goals easily and can fight

#5 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

Meh - seems pretty vague if you ask me...If it was something serious we would've heard about it sooner, and with alot more detail.

For all we know his shoulder pad might've pinch a pimple rolleyes.gif

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#6 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (flip @ July 21, 2009 - 11:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not on my high horse - I speculated, not outright asserted.

"Wow look at that, Hossa really WAS injured in the playoffs" is not speculation. That is an assertion.

But for arguments sake if you were just speculating, why are you calling other posters morons? You are only speculating he may have an injury. You haven't proved that he was injured in the playoffs, so why are you poking at others for your "speculation"?

QUOTE (flip @ July 21, 2009 - 11:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Regardless, learn to read: "The Hawks are monitoring Hossa while he rehabs the injury, believed to have been suffered during the playoffs."

Take your own advice, and read your own quote. Take a look at the part I bolded for you in BIG LETTERS, and see why that isn't evidence of anything.

#7 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

I wonder why this was kept from the public in Detroit? Any team that was serious about signing Hossa would've done their due diligence and had an extensive physical done, so this wouldn't really be something hidden from his suitors on July 1st.

Any ideas why they hid this from us? Would've been nice to know when I was busy making excuses for the Wings loss to my family and friends. dry.gif
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#8 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ July 21, 2009 - 09:23PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Before you get on your high horse, which you so ungracefully fell off of anyways as you started calling out other posters like this was grade school.

Yeah, he might've injured his rotator cuff signing that contract in July. laugh.gif
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#9 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ July 21, 2009 - 11:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, he might've injured his rotator cuff signing that contract in July. laugh.gif

Who knows what happened? Brandon Inge of the tigers was out for a few weeks for putting a pillow under his son's head.

My point is don't act like a know-it-all when the evidence hasn't even been presented yet.

#10 flip

flip

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ July 21, 2009 - 08:37PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Wow look at that, Hossa really WAS injured in the playoffs" is not speculation. That is an assertion.

But for arguments sake if you were just speculating, why are you calling other posters morons? You are only speculating he may have an injury. You haven't proved that he was injured in the playoffs, so why are you poking at others for your "speculation"?

Take your own advice, and read your own quote. Take a look at the part I bolded for you in BIG LETTERS, and see why that isn't evidence of anything.

HAHA YOU EDITED YOUR POST TO REMOVE THE PART WHERE YOU SAID IT DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS. HAHAHAHAHA

Regardless, t's called common sense. Or do you think he tore his rotator cuff resting during the brief off-season he's had so far? He certainly hasn't started his training for the new year.

#11 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:45 PM

Don't the players get a physical by the team docs/therapists when the season is over?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#12 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (flip @ July 21, 2009 - 11:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HAHA YOU EDITED YOUR POST TO REMOVE THE PART WHERE YOU SAID IT DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS. HAHAHAHAHA

Calm down sparky. I did not edit my post in any way after posting. I have no idea where you even got that from.

QUOTE (flip @ July 21, 2009 - 11:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Regardless, t's called common sense. Or do you think he tore his rotator cuff resting during the brief off-season he's had so far? He certainly hasn't started his training for the new year.

Regardless:

1. You don't have definitive proof.
2. You are still acting like an ass even if you did.

#13 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ July 21, 2009 - 09:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who knows what happened? Brandon Inge of the tigers was out for a few weeks for putting a pillow under his son's head.

My point is don't act like a know-it-all when the evidence hasn't even been presented yet.

Just another reason why kids suck. laugh.gif Rookie of the Year candidate, Ricky Romero (of the Blue Jays) was injured by a sneeze. laugh.gif

Seriously though. If you're a doctor looking at Hossa's chart with no idea when or why the injury occurred, isn't the most probable candidate playing Hockey? Where was he playing hockey for the last year? I'm not saying it's a sure thing, but it's definitely the most probable thing.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#14 flip

flip

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ July 21, 2009 - 08:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Calm down sparky. I did not edit my post in any way after posting. I have no idea where you even got that from.

Regardless:

1. You don't have definitive proof.
2. You are still acting like an ass even if you did.

The final refuge of child-like argumentation: "no definitive proof." No, I'm not a doctor, and I haven't inspect his shoulder myself. I haven't spoken to a doctor either. I do have an article from a reliable source. That more than carries my burden.

Grow up, then get back to me. Maybe you'll develop some common sense along the way.

#15 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (flip @ July 21, 2009 - 09:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A full line of text in all caps? This will end in tears.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#16 flip

flip

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ July 21, 2009 - 08:49PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A full line of text in all caps? This will end in tears.

Oh golly gee gosh darn let's assess my use of capital letters!

#17 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ July 21, 2009 - 11:48PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just another reason why kids suck. laugh.gif Rookie of the Year candidate, Ricky Romero (of the Blue Jays) was injured by a sneeze. laugh.gif

Seriously though. If you're a doctor looking at Hossa's chart with no idea when or why the injury occurred, isn't the most probable candidate playing Hockey? Where was he playing hockey for the last year? I'm not saying it's a sure thing, but it's definitely the most probable thing.

Most probable, yes. 100% fact, no.

If that is truely the case then Chicago should fire their team doctor for missing this before the signing. How the hell do you miss that?

Flip: You are the one acting like a child. Accusing me of things I never did, screaming and carrying on in all caps, insulting other posters, and refusing to address the fact you do not have proof, but speculation. We are aware he is injured, and we have a good idea of what the injury is. I never said he wasn't. You however do not know for a fact when the injury took place.

#18 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:55 PM

QUOTE (flip @ July 21, 2009 - 09:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh golly gee gosh darn let's assess my use of capital letters!

Hey man, it's just something that tends to annoy people on forums. It's considered the equivalent of shouting. *shrugs* I'm just telling you how people likely will view it.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#19 flip

flip

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holiday @ July 21, 2009 - 08:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most probable, yes. 100% fact, no.

If that is truely the case then Chicago should fire their team doctor for missing this before the signing. How the hell do you miss that?

Flip: You are the one acting like a child. Accusing me of things I never did, screaming and carrying on in all caps, insulting other posters, and refusing to address the fact you do not have proof, but speculation. We are aware he is injured, and we have a good idea of what the injury is. I never said he wasn't. You however do not know for a fact when the injury took place.

You're so desperate to save face that you're exploiting whatever iota of doubt that still exists as a last-ditch effort to one-up me. Maybe instead of faulting me for introducing some information that vindicates Hossa, you should come to grips with the fact that he left the team and that you've now lost your scapegoat.

The only person acting like a child is the one whose arguments resemble those of a child. Hint: it's not me.

Going forward, he's a pearl of wisdom: adults can use capital letters to.

#20 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Huckleberry?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ July 21, 2009 - 11:55PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey man, it's just something that tends to annoy people on forums. It's considered the equivalent of shouting. *shrugs* I'm just telling you how people likely will view it.

QUOTE (flip @ July 21, 2009 - 11:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're so desperate to save face that you're exploiting whatever iota of doubt that still exists as a last-ditch effort to one-up me. Maybe instead of faulting me for introducing some information that vindicates Hossa, you should come to grips with the fact that he left the team and that you've now lost your scapegoat.

Exploiting? There is doubt. You are acting like there is none and insulting others in the process. Had you not called a select few posters morons in your opening post, I would not have called you out.

I also have no qualms with Hossa leaving, he was never a scapegoat for anything (I firmly believe the TEAM failed in bringing home the cup this year, not just Hossa), and you are trying to lump me in a category I was never a part of to help justify your insulting tirades.

The only person acting like a child is the one whose arguments resemble those of a child. Hint: it's not me.

Like I said, you are on your high horse, and I'm just saying you shouldn't jump the gun. You are getting overly defensive based on this.

Going forward, he's a pearl of wisdom: adults can use capital letters to.

See image above.

Edited by Doc Holiday, 21 July 2009 - 11:01 PM.