• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

2010 NCAA Frozen 4 seating plans changed!

Rate this topic

If you purchased tickets for the 2010 Frozen Four at Ford Field, I got an e-mail today from Ticketmaster that the NCAA has thrown out their original seating plan (ice at center field with 66K seating all around). Instead, they are rotating the field 90 degrees and putting it in one of the end zones. It looks like they're gonna run a curtain down the 50 yard line and only use 1/2 the facility.

ALL TICKETS CURRENTLY PRINTED ARE NOW NULL AND VOID!!! They say that "you will receive a new seat location that will be comparable to your original location based on the ticket price and order date recorded on your account." I got a great deal on center ice, top section, cheap seats... $40 for the weekend. I hope they follow through and I don't get stuck high up in a corner in a new restricted "cheap" section.

Here's the text of the whole message:

2010 NCAA® Men’s Frozen Four Ticket Holder,

The NCAA® has announced a modified seating plan for the 2010 NCAA® Men’s Frozen Four at Ford Field. A rendering of the modified seating configuration is set forth below. You will receive a new seat location that will be comparable to your original location based on the ticket price and order date recorded on your account. New tickets reflecting the new seating location will be mailed to the original ticket purchaser of record. Ticket holders will receive new tickets printed on commemorative ticket stock in December 2009.

Please destroy your original tickets immediately and do not attempt to resell them in any manner. The original tickets are now void and of no effect, and will not afford entry into the stadium.

Thank you for supporting college athletics and we will see you at the games.

If you have any questions, please contact the Ford Field ticket office at:

Email: ncaafrozenfour@detroitlions.com

Picture (Metafile)

Phone: (313) 262-2008

Here's the Press Release from the NCAA with the new plan map

Can you imagine the amount of resale ticket fraud that having two sets of Ticketmaster issued tickets floating around is going to cause???

Update: Great.... I just checked and what I feared appears to be correct! The high center ice area is now part of a higher priced ticket area. Looks like I'm gonna be be "downgraded"!!!

Edited by Gizmo

Wow, this is horrible planning. What made them decide to do this? Did they not sell enough seats? From what you are saying, the are cutting down to half the arena. I hope I will be able to see from my seats.

Wow, this is horrible planning. What made them decide to do this? Did they not sell enough seats? From what you are saying, the are cutting down to half the arena. I hope I will be able to see from my seats.

The official spin is that they wanted to give the fans better sight lines... but the real reason they can do this is because sales were well below expectations. The previous record for a Frozen Four was 19K... and they were trying to sell 66K for this one. Last I checked a couple of weeks ago, as they say, "There were PLENTY of good seats available!!!" The new layout will still hold 33K fans.

UPDATE: I called the Ford Field number on the e-mail and it dumps you to voice-mail. So I called Ticketmaster as I see they're already selling tickets under the new plan. The customer service rep there just got a note about the changes, and Ticketmaster is referring all questions about ticket reassignments back to Ford Field.

Edited by Gizmo

Can you imagine the amount of resale ticket fraud that having two sets of Ticketmaster issued tickets floating around is going to cause???

yup... i would recommending not buying tickets anywhere but a licensed broker and/or ticketbastard for this one.

Here's the bottom line: Nobody knows nothing.

I called Ford Field back and got a very nice sounding young lady on the line. She said that "they" are working on moving people's seats, but she can't see anything on her computer and that nothing will be known about individual reassignments before November 1st. She doesn't even known the process they are using to re-map seating. I expressed my fear that I'm going to be downgraded as the $40 section is now only on one end of the ice and one corner up high and she basically said that I was probably right. The $40 section now runs from Sections 332 to 340.

Edited by Gizmo

I called Ford Field back and got a very nice sounding young lady on the line. She said that "they" are working on moving people's seats, but she can't see anything on her computer and that nothing will be known about individual reassignments before November 1st. She doesn't even known the process they are using to re-map seating. I expressed my fear that I'm going to be downgraded as the $40 section is now only on one end of the ice and one corner up high and she basically said that I was probably right. The $40 section now runs from Sections 332 to 340.

Yeah, mine were in Section 330. What a mess? I don't know how many tickets they sold, or what the cost difference is, but I wonder why they can't leave the ice where it was going to be and move everyone in closer. It must be easier to just block off half the stadium.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...FrozenFour.html

Edited by CenterIce

this doesnt totally surprise me...If Michigan or MSU were involved in it then I could maybe see keeping the old one, but with college hockey not knowing who is gonna be there kinda makes them have to be ready to prepare for the worst depending on who goes. I mean if you get UM, MSU, Boston U and Minnesota then that would be 4 prime fan bases in attendance, but if you get some unexpected teams there then the fan bases might not show up in full force depending on the distance to Detroit.

And even those sections are not all $40 seats. I just searched TM for a pair of $79 uppers, and was offered:

Section 334

Row 1

Seats 21-22

Description

Price Level 3

Upper level seating

Type Frozen Four Ticket Package

Ticket Price US $79.00 x 2

Price Details

Convenience Charge US $7.30 x 2

SUBTOTAL US $172.60

I did the same thing as you guys, buying the upper level center ice seats. I am suprised at how few uppers they originally sold if they can squeeze em all into the mid and high rows of 9 sections and stil have some left over to put on TM.

Worse seats, for sure. But I guess the environment will be better in a smaller, more filled configuration vs the original at 50% or less capacity. And if I feel really hosed over my new assignment, maybe they will have some resale value for budget-minded fans of a visiting team.