• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shaeb30

shaeb30

Jimmy Howard's Future 3rd String

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

Does anyone even remember this guy??? I know he dislocated his hip towards the end of the regular season last year, but does anyone know when he will be back? I think he has to clear waivers to get back on the Griffins roster, but I would love to see him back! He is one of the hardest working players on the ice every shift... and with all these injuries... right now would be a huge time for the Griffins to get a pick-me-up like that!

#2 GROwl

GROwl

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

Last time I saw Ryan was at the October 30 game. He was sitting with this wife and an older couple...maybe his parents or inlaws. Ryan was still using crutches at the time from his September surgery. I've heard since that he stopped using the crutches and hopes to start skating in January will a possible return in early February.

Yes, he will need to clear waivers to return to the GR lineup permanently...though he may be sent to GR first on a conditioning stint for two weeks.

#3 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

He must be really disappointed about teh injury this season. Would have had a shot at playing for the wings this year with all the injuries.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#4 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (newfy @ December 20, 2009 - 11:50PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He must be really disappointed about teh injury this season. Would have had a shot at playing for the wings this year with all the injuries.

Agreed, and what's more I think he would have done a very good job. Terrific defensively, shut down forward who is great on the PK. His scoring has improved every season too. Such a shame he's been out for so long, I hope he gets back fit and clears waivers as the Griffins will need him down the stretch.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#5 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

Unfortunately Ryan has been forced to retire due to his hip injury.
Mlive

#6 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

Sad story, i asked about him earlier, now i know... :(