• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

The Hawks at the Deadline

Rate this topic

Byfuglien, Versteeg, and Sharp for Kovalchuk?

I could see this happening. This seems steep, but I think it's realistic. It would clear space for CHI, and Atlanta would get a King's Ransom. I don't think CHI wants to trade draft picks, but I donno. This will be cleared up soon...

Seems like they may be trying to fit in an extra player come trade-deadline-day.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=353164

Seems to me he was being absolutely non-committal about anything. The article even said as much. So, seems to me he's not tipping his hand and isn't taking options of the table.

those are a lot for good players going the other way. if atl can't sign kovy they should try an offer of that nature, but I would try to get a draft pick.

Add those 3 to E. Kane, Antropov, Little, Bogo, Lethonen, Enstrom, and Peverley and they still have an above average team.

But CHI losses a lot of depth.

But CHI losses a lot of depth.

That is the key point. If Chicago does any thing like this, making a big splash, to free up future cap room, they take a hit for this year's Cup run. Everything they have done so far looks like they are putting everything into this year. You take risks both ways. Either you run for the Cup and lose players for nothing in the off season, or you trade away a lot of players for a few or draft picks and hope you still have enough left.