• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Finnish Wing

Jokinen retires from international hockey

Rate this topic

I heard he was retiring from playoff hockey too; too many rough series where he's poured everything he's got into it only to come away empty-handed.

Wait..

Only that he isn't a playoff choker. He's just never been in good enough teams to get there.

I have a question, do the European countries need to use European coaches? A lot of blame went to the Swedish and Russian coaching staff for their disastrous quarterfinal games. Could the Swedish team not use a North American coach? Wouldn't using an NHL coach make more sense?

I have a question, do the European countries need to use European coaches? A lot of blame went to the Swedish and Russian coaching staff for their disastrous quarterfinal games. Could the Swedish team not use a North American coach? Wouldn't using an NHL coach make more sense?
We've seen many crappy NHL coaches who've been OK players but don't know nothing about coaching. Guys who can only yell at their players, but don't really understand the game. That's my stereotypical image of NA coach. Do the NHL teams need to use only NA coaches?

I know BAG, Bykov and Jalonen made some mistakes in this tournament but they're still better than many NA coaches. I don't wanna see any more dougsheddens here in Finland.

Does Babcock get paid for coaching Canada in the Olympics?

Can anyone translate why he's giving up? Is he not happy with a bronze?
He says that he made the final decision when the tournament went further.

There's couple reasons IMO. Jokinen isn't a leader and he doesn't like to play with younger players. Many older players are retiring so he wanted too. Also, he's role was not so big in this tournament as we already have good centers. He may have some issues with Jalonen who will be the coach for 3 years.

I know he's not gonna play in World Championships, but he's certainly not too old to play in 2014 olympics so it's kinda weird.

the north american coach argument is bad, when russia was revolutionizing hockey years ago they did it with russian coaches.. just because a coach is born in a certain place does not make him good. also BAG was the swedish coach in 06 and he is from the elitserien

i think the reason that usa and canada are in the final is because of the physicality for us and speed and for canada they are just technically very skilled