27 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

...who?

..seriously I've been watching every game this season and I can't remember seeing any "Williams" guy..

Yeah, he has been very bad.

#22 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:45 PM

few problems with those lines, first hudler is more then likly coming back

Homlstrom/Datsyuk/Frazen
Filpulla/Zetterberg/Bertuzzi
Cleary/Hudler/Helm
Miller/Draper/Eaves

I'd think eaves/miller will get multi year deals, they preformed amazling and Bertuzzi I could see resigning at the same or near price, and williams is gone, and that other guy is coming up ritola or w/e his name is, my question is why is everyone so up beat about abdelkader? I'd pick miller or eaves over him

You'd take Eaves or Miller over Ab? He played with Maltby and May all year so he didn't get points, he has top 2 line potential, something Eaves might reach with Detroit and Miller is a career third liner. Eaves will probably be a third liner his whole life too. Abdelakder could end up being a strong third line anchor or solid second liner that can hit and fight.

Not too mention Abdelakder is outta options and has to stay up next year. They'll drop Miller if they have to to keep Abdelakder up next season.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#23 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

Homlstrom/Datsyuk/Frazen
Cleary/Hudler/Helm
Miller/Draper/Eaves

I'd think eaves/miller will get multi year deals, they preformed amazling and Bertuzzi I could see resigning at the same or near price, and williams is gone, and that other guy is coming up ritola or w/e his name is, my question is why is everyone so up beat about abdelkader? I'd pick miller or eaves over him

I was talking about the playoff this season, not next year. Unless I'm mistaken, Hudler can't come back for the playoffs. I like the line combos the way they are now, and with the roster freedom that is available in the postseason, I would drop Williams in favor of Abdelkader in a heartbeat.

If you want to talk next season, then yes I hope Hudler comes back we could use his scoring touch, I agree that Eaves should get a multi-year deal, 4 or 5 years, Miller should get 2 or 3, Bertuzzi I could go either way unless something much better comes available, and Ritola will likely be the 13th forward unless Draper or Homer retire.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#24 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

Homlstrom/Datsyuk/Frazen
Cleary/Hudler/Helm
Miller/Draper/Eaves

The lines were referring to the playoff roster for this year. Also, can you please explain how you believe it is a better move for the organization to keep both Miller and Eaves while trading/waiving Abby than it is to keep one of them and Abby? He's out of options and IMO has more potential than both of them (although they have been great and I'd like to keep one of them- whoever signs for the least money).

#25 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

The lines were referring to the playoff roster for this year. Also, can you please explain how you believe it is a better move for the organization to keep both Miller and Eaves while trading/waiving Abby than it is to keep one of them and Abby? He's out of options and IMO has more potential than both of them (although they have been great and I'd like to keep one of them- whoever signs for the least money).

I think we should keep Eaves. He's got more scoring potential out of the two, he's more physical and has shown that he will rough it up a bit more then Miller. He seems to have great chemistry with Helm and if you add Abdelakder on that line next season they'll be one of the stronger third lines in the league.

Theres no way both are kept and Abdelakder is lost, no way in hell.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#26 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:15 PM

Let Lebda go! that'll clear a spot for Abby.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#27 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:26 PM

I think we should keep Eaves. He's got more scoring potential out of the two, he's more physical and has shown that he will rough it up a bit more then Miller. He seems to have great chemistry with Helm and if you add Abdelakder on that line next season they'll be one of the stronger third lines in the league.

Theres no way both are kept and Abdelakder is lost, no way in hell.

I would also prefer Eaves. My only fear is that he'll get a larger offer from another team the the Wings can't/won't match. Miller might come back at a lower price which would be the only reason to keep him above Eaves.

#28 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:58 PM

doubtful Eaves would get an offer higher than 800k - 1 mil from any other team

Posted Image