• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

Crosby Hits 50

Rate this topic

And as far as empty netters don't count like a defended net? We've all seen players miss empty nets and what the hell, every player that works their ass off deserves a break at some point I reckon.... still got to get around the opponents defense.

Exactly. If empty net goals were so easy and so guaranteed, coaches would never pull their goaltenders for the extra man.

And a point is a point no matter how it is scored, so why isn't there ties for the Art Ross. I know you can say goals are better than assists, or second assists, but that logic can't be used at the same time saying empty netters are the same as any other goal.

Err...no? Goals consists only of goals. Points consists from goals and assists. Think about that. There are no award for most assists, but there is an award for most goals, so obviously goals are more important than assits. That's why there's that goal tie-breaker for Art Ross.

Err...no? Goals consists only of goals. Points consists from goals and assists. Think about that. There are no award for most assists, but there is an award for most goals, so obviously goals are more important than assits. That's why there's that goal tie-breaker for Art Ross.

I understand why there is no tie-breaker for the Richard and it makes sense when you compare to the tie-breaker for the Art Ross, I'm just saying you could look at it differently and logically come up with a tie breaker, no biggie really though.

The only thing I don't like is that all the commentators and TV sports persona all talk about crosby hitting 51, but such little talk of Stamkos.

The irks me badly as in my opinion, Stamkos' rise to 51 was more impressive as he's a sophomore on a "lesser" team.

Ah well, I suppose that's what you get when bettman runs this circus.

The only thing I don't like is that all the commentators and TV sports persona all talk about crosby hitting 51, but such little talk of Stamkos.

The irks me badly as in my opinion, Stamkos' rise to 51 was more impressive as he's a sophomore on a "lesser" team.

Ah well, I suppose that's what you get when bettman runs this circus.

To be honest, I haven't seen much discussion on either one, don't see much action out of TSN or NHL.com, it's been relatively quiet.

I think it's impressive for both of them, as you say, Stamkos going from 23 in his rookie year to 51 this year (storyline with a certain someone feeling he wasn't NHL ready last year, etc.). Crosby, having question marks about his goal scoring ability (not sure why though, even before this year, his totals were very good), so in the off season he makes a specific effort on improving that part of his game and he comes in this year and ties for the lead league in goals....that's impressive.

Not sure I'd look at Stamkos being on a weaker team though, his linemates are way better than Crosby's.

Not sure I'd look at Stamkos being on a weaker team though, his linemates are way better than Crosby's.

I keep hearing this rationale, but wouldn't it also be true that teams with more talent spread out on different lines forces their opponents to spread their defense more? Potentially allowing for more space on the ice for top offensive players like Crosby, Ovechkin, etc.?

esteef