• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Howard He Do It?!

Crosby Hits 50

Rate this topic

If anyone is watching the Pens game and saw Crosby's last shift....someone must have told him that he's tied with Stamkos.

Yes that was crazy. If that actually went in, Wow.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

sidenote: FSN pittsburgh have the worst commentators.

They make me want to watch the game on mute.

Only Crosby is allowed to shoot the puck now.

If it's any consolation to Crosby, he's the only player to score 50 with a goalie in the net this year. Ovechkin had 5 empty netters (2 agains the Pens) and Stamkos had 3, so they each had 45 and 48 with a goalie in the net. Don't see why they couldn't have that as a tie breaker the same way they have goals as a tie breaker for the Art Ross.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

If it's any consolation to Crosby, he's the only player to score 50 with a goalie in the net this year. Ovechkin had 5 empty netters (2 agains the Pens) and Stamkos had 3, so they each had 45 and 48 with a goalie in the net. Don't see why they couldn't have that as a tie breaker the same way they have goals as a tie breaker for the Art Ross.

Because a goal is a goal no matter how it is scored.

Crosby's league leading junk assists total would nullify any fantasy tiebreaker (The Fred Sanford award?)

Sounds like jealously.

Give Crosby an elite playmaker like Backstrom and it wouldn't even be close.

Crosby's league leading junk assists total would nullify any fantasy tiebreaker (The Fred Sanford award?)

By that logic Sedin shouldn't win the art Ross since 39 of his points were secondary assits.

edit: not that hes tied with anyone..but still points are points.

Edited by crotty99

I agree, also rebound goals shouldn't really count because how hard are they to score? Deflection goals should count for 2 points, they're very difficult. If you make a sweet deke around a defender and then go top-shelf, that's a 3 pointer IMO.

NHL needs to implement this new scoring system.

I agree, also rebound goals shouldn't really count because how hard are they to score? Deflection goals should count for 2 points, they're very difficult. If you make a sweet deke around a defender and then go top-shelf, that's a 3 pointer IMO.

I think that would overcomplicate things to the point where you would have disputeable goals/point allocation. Game doesn't need that.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

No, it's because to do as the other poster suggested, would benefit Crosby. And some Wings fans can't handle that. Even though, when thought about with even the slightest bit of an open mind, scoring the same amount of goals as another guy who got some of his with nobody protecting the goal...is indeed more impressive. Does it matter? Nope. They both got the same amount of goals. Good for them. But in my mind, it's more impressive that Crosby scored that many goals and not a single one of them was an empty net. Does anybody know who the last player was to score 50 and not have at least 1 of them be an empty netter?

Guest Shoreline

Good for Crosby. Already knew he had a scoring touch but showed this year he's amongst the elite goal scorers too when he needs to be.

Gotta find it funny how Pittsburgh nearly blew the final game of the season against the "worst team in the league". Five goals against the Isles? At least they have Brent Johnson to blame and not a porous defense, right?

Gotta find it funny how Pittsburgh nearly blew the final game of the season against the "worst team in the league". Five goals against the Isles? At least they have Brent Johnson to blame and not a porous defense, right?

What does that have to do about Crosby scoring 50?

OMG TROLL!!!1!11!

Stop hijacking threads man. :ph34r:

Why have several people referred to the NYI as the "worst team in the league"? They do suck, but at least 4 teams sucked more this year.

Oh....Crosby did have 1 empty netter (still 50 with a goalie in the net)...so the person asking about if anyone scored 50 without a single empty netter being scored, I don't know, but Crosby didn't.

And a point is a point no matter how it is scored, so why isn't there ties for the Art Ross. I know you can say goals are better than assists, or second assists, but that logic can't be used at the same time saying empty netters are the same as any other goal.

No, it's because to do as the other poster suggested, would benefit Crosby. And some Wings fans can't handle that. Even though, when thought about with even the slightest bit of an open mind, scoring the same amount of goals as another guy who got some of his with nobody protecting the goal...is indeed more impressive. Does it matter? Nope. They both got the same amount of goals. Good for them. But in my mind, it's more impressive that Crosby scored that many goals and not a single one of them was an empty net. Does anybody know who the last player was to score 50 and not have at least 1 of them be an empty netter?

Crosby has an empty net goal dere, Gordie.

Grats to anyone who gets over the 50 barrier.

Loads of armchair heroes round these parts. I'd like to see anyone here score 1 goal against any NHL goalie. I know I couldn't.

And as far as empty netters don't count like a defended net? We've all seen players miss empty nets and what the hell, every player that works their ass off deserves a break at some point I reckon.... still got to get around the opponents defense.

So again, Ovechkin, Crosby and Stamkos: Well Done!

When you go fishing and you get one on your hook your supposed to reel em in.:clap: