• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:35 AM

this... i don't think the nhl has ever gotten this one right...any thoughts on this subject?

#2 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:44 AM

And a third one said that as long as a portion of the skate blade is on the ice at all times, that's a good goal as well.

In my opinion this should be the new rule. Anything goes is dangerous and anything kicked outside of the crease still presents safety problems.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#3 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:46 AM

I like the idea that they would allow kicked goals as long as the part of the skate blade is touching the ice. That seems like a good balance between goalie safety and increased scoring.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#4 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:50 AM

I like the idea that they would allow kicked goals as long as the part of the skate blade is touching the ice. That seems like a good balance between goalie safety and increased scoring.

And less confusing/enraging reviews.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#5 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

And less confusing/enraging reviews.

yup... :rolleyes: something has to change.

#6 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:24 AM

I couldn't agree with you more. It poses no safety problems, and seems like it should be a legit way to get a goal.

#7 redwngsfan019

redwngsfan019

Prospect

• 42 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:33 AM

Posted Image
^Thanks TeeMan!

www.pbnation.com

#8 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:00 PM

Yes please.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#9 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:04 PM

With only 5 of the 17 responding GMs believing the issue needs to be discussed, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a change any time soon.

#10 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

As soon as Crosby has a kicked goal waved off you'll see the rule changed at lightning speed.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#11 Detman

Detman

I AM the DetMan

• 21 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

As soon as Crosby has a kicked goal waved off you'll see the rule changed at lightning speed.

esteef

haha too true

#12 hockeynut

hockeynut

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:36 PM

Hockey is played with a stick, unless the puck glances ACCIDENTLY off a skate, any redirection that is intentional should not be a goal. It's easy to tell what is on purpose and what is accidental. If you are looking down at the puck and turn your skate as the puck arrives that's not a goal. If you are not looking and the puck hits your skate and goes in, that's accidental. It's not brain surgery.

#13 Grypho

Grypho

Sharks Fan

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

They should be able to redirect pucks with their faces if they choose -- unless, of course, there's a distinct nodding motion toward the net.

#14 po-GoWings

po-GoWings

6:00ATOI Antagonizer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 02:48 PM

i like it as it is