• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 5 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Sharks 2

Rate this topic

Hey Wings fans, good series, I know a lot of you are bummed but this was clearly the Sharks year to take this series.

For those complaining about the officiating and all, give it a break. The Sharks won, not because of officiating, but because they played better, more disciplined hockey, at the right times. Last night was the best game of the series; both teams showed up and played tough hockey. The officials for the most part swallowed their whistles last night. Despite this, the Sharks won, when it counted, which seals the deal.

Either way, the Wings were one of the top 4 teams in the league this year, standings aside. Re-tooling the team makes absolutely no sense to me. I fully expect the Wings to be a younger & healthier team next year; making them a legitimate threat to take the cup again... :ranting:

Until then, have a great summer guy's, look forward to more of this next year!

Aside from Game 4, the Sharks won the series because they played better. The officiating was abysmal, but not the reason Detroit lost. Stick around, we like having rational opposition fans here.

We need to re-tool.This whole soft euro sttyle obviously isn't working.We need the right blend of skill and grit and we didn't have it this year.Let Bertuzzi,Williams,Maltby,Lebda,Meech,Lilja,and Miller walk.

I lol'd. So to ditch the "soft euro" style we let 6 North Americans and a swede walk? :unsure:

Guest mindfly

Why were the games in this series "three-line" games as Babs said? Was it because San Jose only played three lines?

No because babcock basically played three lines because the 4th line couldn't do s*** this playoffs.

We lost because our third and fourth lines quit scoring. In the past when we've been good, we've had great timely goals from our third and fourth lines who've been able to give us an edge in one-goal games. That's why it hurt losing guys like Samuelsson and Hudler. I also want to see the defense worked upon, I'm hoping Babcock's mancrush on Lilja is going to end. Rafalski played bad as well. I thought the refs were bad, but I can't put all the blame there because we lost too many face-offs, too many other things that determine a team's fate. I'm not pissed at the team at all though, this felt like a rebuilding year honestly, we've had a lot less pieces to winning teams than it felt like in years past. Just adding my 2 cents.

Why were the games in this series "three-line" games as Babs said? Was it because San Jose only played three lines?

Two games both teams dressed 7 D men. Both teams were focusing on short shifts as well.

The Sharks skated a pseudo 4th line throughout the series, but never consistently. McLellan mixed it up pretty good. Don't know enough about the Wings to know what Babs did.

This team doesn't need much retooling, it just needs a couple of pieces added. And if history is any indicator, they'll all be available for next to nothing or already in the system. Say what you like about other teams mimicking the puck possession style of play, but nobody can touch the Wings at finding talent that every other team has missed for cheap.

Good season Wings, fought through a lot of injuries and clinched a playoff spot once again. :thumbup:

Great regular season and good playoff experience for Howard.

Not mad about the effort against the Sharks every game we lost was by 1 goal and all of those could have gone either way. Sharks are a good team and when it is all said and done i don't hate the SJ Sharks, congrats to them.

A lot of positives to look forward to next season, see you all then.

GO WINGS!

I'm over this already, to be honest. No one thought we'd make it as far as we did, so that alone should be an accomplishment, given how we started the season. We could have done better of course, but we just didn't have it this year. Shake it off, enjoy the summer and come back ready for bear in September. It's the best you can do.

I've got baseball to keep me plenty occupied sports-wise this summer, so I'll be having a good time regardless.