• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CenterIce

Wings' Schedule

Rate this topic

The Wings gave the season ticket holders a survey last year, and one of the questions was the start times. I voted for 7pm, and I'm happy that it was chosen. Gives the young ones and extra half hour to enjoy the games, and also good for people who have to get up early for work.

I like that the Boston games are a home and home. Washington will be here on St. Patrick's eve, a guaranteed party.

But no Thanksgiving games this year. Wings usually play the Wednesday before, and Friday after Thanksgiving at home.

Most europeans are glad about it! :thumbup:

But I am from Michigan, and I don't care about the Euro's! ;)

Gosh, my rude American arrogance! Lol no, I am messin.

But yeah its a good thing for everyone else since the time difference is crazy, and I know that's why they did it. But after 7:30 starts for many many years, its going to just feel weird.

But I am from Michigan, and I don't care about the Euro's! ;)

Gosh, my rude American arrogance! Lol no, I am messin.

But yeah its a good thing for everyone else since the time difference is crazy, and I know that's why they did it. But after 7:30 starts for many many years, its going to just feel weird.

It may feel a bit strange at first, but the Tigers used to start their games at 7:30 for many years, until it was changed to 7pm not so long ago.

I noticed that we are playing the Islanders again after a long road trip just like last year... I think we all remember how that one went...

Only difference is that one was played in NY. Can't see us getting blown out by the Isles 2 years in a row but....who really knows what will happen til July 1st right? :hehe:

Guest mindfly

Pittsburg and Boston twice... don't they usually play 3 eastern teams twice? (the rest of the east once)

Wooo only 3 afternoon games!! None of which are late morning games for me (Central), couldn't stand those.

A few early evening games too, also good...

Edited by drumnj

Wooo only 3 afternoon games!! None of which are late morning games for me (Central), couldn't stand those.

A few early evening games too, also good...

This could change if they are still doing the "flex" scheduling, where NBC can move a game to the afternoon on the weekends.

Its a rivalry, so they have to keep it going somehow. Besides, watching Crosby act like a spoiled brat when the Wings beat him is good entertainment.

It's not a real rivalry, since the chance of another playoff meeting is pretty slim. Toronto is still more of a rival, and I'd much rather have a 2nd game against them. You can't force a rivalry when the two teams have barely any ability to effect each other.

Pittsburg and Boston twice... don't they usually play 3 eastern teams twice? (the rest of the east once)

We also get New Jersey twice.

Oh, and screw you hockey gods for having the Wings be the Chicago home opener/banner raising. I can hear the chants already.

Hopefully the Wings pound their new one line team into submission.

DETROIT – For the first time in seven seasons, the Red Wings will play host to all five Original Six rivals at Joe Louis Arena. And they'll do so with a new weeknight start time – for 34 of the 41 home games – at 7 p.m. ET.

News of the Original Six home dates highlights the NHL's release of the 2010-11 schedule for the Red Wings' 85th season. The last time the Red Wings played all five opponents in the same season was in 2002-03. The Wings will host six of the eight Eastern Conference teams that reached the 2010 Stanley Cup playoffs, including Washington, Pittsburgh and New Jersey.

The Red Wings will play seven home games against Original Six teams, including three games with the Central Division rivals and Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks. The Wings will also host Montreal (Dec. 10), New York Rangers (Feb. 7), Boston (Feb. 13), and Toronto (March 26).

Besides their home opener, the Red Wings will participate in three other Opening Nights -- at Chicago (Oct. 9), Dallas (Oct. 14) and Phoenix (Oct. 16).

The Red Wings will again host their traditional New Year's Eve game when they welcome the New York Islanders to JLA. The Red Wings have only hosted the Islanders once before on the Dec. 31 tradition. New York won that game in 1985 when rookie left winger Mikko Makela scored at 53-seconds of overtime against Wings goalie Mark LaForest before 18,017 fans at JLA.

The Wings boast a 33-22-8 record on New Year's Eve, a tradition that dates back to 1927.

In all, the Red Wings will play on back-to-back nights 14 times this season. They will also play in four home-and-home series against Columbus (Nov. 26-28 and Jan. 14-15), Boston (Feb. 11-13), and Chicago (April 8-10).

One of the back-to-back nights will likely be of great interest to Wings' fans. That's when the team swings through Florida with a date with Steve Yzerman's Tampa Bay Lightning at the St. Pete Times Forum on Feb. 17. Last month, Yzerman, who won three Stanley Cup titles as a player and another as a Wings' executive, was named general manager of the Lightning.

The Red Wings will host 23 different teams at Joe Louis Arena. Only six teams – all from the Eastern Conference – will not play at JLA: Atlanta, Buffalo, Carolina, Florida, Ottawa and Tampa Bay.

Fans can still lock in the lowest available prices for the 2010-11 season by becoming a Red Wings season-ticket holder. Full season ticket packages as well as the Gordie Howe 9-Game Plan and the Steve Yzerman 19-Game Plan are currently available. Fans can take advantage of the many benefits of becoming a Red Wings season ticket holder including a free player autographed hockey stick, bonus tickets to select regular-season home games, several extended payment plans, private presales, exclusive team events and more! Contact the Red Wings Ticket Sales & Service Office at or visit DetroitRedWings.com.

Full schedule can be found here: http://redwings.nhl....32220&navid=DL#

All right, Feb 17th @ Tampa Bay, any other LGW members in FL going?

I'll be going to the Lightning, Panthers, and probably the Thrashers games. The last "away" year for the Wings we got a group rate for the Panthers game. I think Matt set it up.

I'm pretty sure we were louder than the Panther fans that night.