• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:11 PM

Anyone else have the feeling from that interview we might have Lids for another 2 years?

I do too.

He looks like a guy enjoying himself too much to stop now. Even after hoisting for the 5th time next summer, I think he'll look around the room and not be able to walk away from another shot. The older guys will still have enough wheels and gas, the prime guys will still be in thier prime, the younger guys will have one more years worth of experience (and a Red Wing year of experience is like dog years compared to a year's experience on most teams!)

#22 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

Rage, thanks for the OP and editing the YT clips back in. I was not able to watch After Hours and it was great to see those interviews. It's a side of the game we don't get to see often enough. Really enjoyed it.

Back when I went to Walled Lake Central, Livonia Stevenson was in our league, so it's fun to hear them mention Livonia.

Thanks a bunch.

Maybe this answers some questions about Modano's "slower than fans wanted" start; he's gasping for lungs and legs trying to keep up with the team until he get's himself in Red Wing shape. Go Mike, Go!

I haven't really voiced it yet but I've been relatively skeptical of Mo joining the Wings. Just kinda sitting back and seeing how he fits in and how much his age and injury prone-ness might possibly pin him as a liability. I really do hope he fits in and does well though, just like I did when Hatcher joined (I compare them cuz of where they are from), I just hope his stay as a Wing doesn't wind up the big pile of doo-doo that Hatcher's did.

Edited by Shoreline, 08 November 2010 - 12:41 PM.

#23 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:09 PM

Nick has got to be one of the most eloquent players ever in the League. Such a professional and extremely polite. That being said, lol at him trying to say "rejuvenated" at 6:20. :P
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#24 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

Nick has got to be one of the most eloquent players ever in the League. Such a professional and extremely polite. That being said, lol at him trying to say "rejuvenated" at 6:20. :P

Nick is a gentleman, always has been. Same as Steve was. They can be fiery and loud on the ice, but during interviews or other things like that, they are the exact opposite. There's a lot of guys on the team for whom you can say that.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#25 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:04 PM

They mentioned something about an interesting story of when Lidstrom was drafted. Anyone know what they're talking about?

Edited by Dave, 08 November 2010 - 03:21 PM.

#26 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:05 PM

I like when Kesler was standing behind Modano and them after the commercial break and one of them said somethin about Kelser giving shots when he was walking away and Modanos like he does that alot lulz

I wonder if Kesler is still the biggest ****** in the Canucks locker room.