• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings1110

Mitch callahan

Rate this topic

If he makes it, 4 years. That's how long it took Helm and Abdelkader to get a full-time roster spot.

Speaking of Helm, he tore s*** up in the WHL too. He scored 41 goals and 79 points in only 70 games. Maltby tore s*** up the OHL with 50 goals and 91 points in 64 games. I doubt Callahan will show any offense in the big league either if he makes it. He might be a great energy guy though.

Helm had the speed that noone could touch in junior however and I'm sure he was capable of burying those in junior. His problem in the NHL is he can't bury, he gets chances that if he even had half decent finish he would be a 25 goal scorer.

Callahan apparently has a nose for the net and has pretty good hands around it too. Seems like his offense would translate a bit better to the big leagues then Helm who I'm sure relied just on his speed to score goals. I dont think Callahan will be a big offensive player however

If he makes it, 4 years. That's how long it took Helm and Abdelkader to get a full-time roster spot.

Speaking of Helm, he tore s*** up in the WHL too. He scored 41 goals and 79 points in only 70 games. Maltby tore s*** up the OHL with 50 goals and 91 points in 64 games. I doubt Callahan will show any offense in the big league either if he makes it. He might be a great energy guy though.

4 years? Didn't Abby and Helm each play two years in the AHL before being called up full time? I could see Callahan being called up earlier due to his gritty style.

I don't know why people aren't impressed with Callahan's offensive stats. While WHL scoring doesn't always translate to the NHL, it is the best predictor for WHL players making the jump to the NHL.

Off topic- Heaten, do you remember our bet involving Abby and Ritola and the player's shirt? I believe it was if Abby has more points than Ritola (or visa-versa) that you would send me an Abby shirt (or visa-versa). I don't think we agreed because of possible games played, but it seems Ritola is getting more chances than Abby. Would you like to renew this friendly wager? I'd be happy if Ritola does well, but IMO he isn't the player Abby is.

Guest Heaten

4 years? Didn't Abby and Helm each play two years in the AHL before being called up full time? I could see Callahan being called up earlier due to his gritty style.

I don't know why people aren't impressed with Callahan's offensive stats. While WHL scoring doesn't always translate to the NHL, it is the best predictor for WHL players making the jump to the NHL.

Off topic- Heaten, do you remember our bet involving Abby and Ritola and the player's shirt? I believe it was if Abby has more points than Ritola (or visa-versa) that you would send me an Abby shirt (or visa-versa). I don't think we agreed because of possible games played, but it seems Ritola is getting more chances than Abby. Would you like to renew this friendly wager? I'd be happy if Ritola does well, but IMO he isn't the player Abby is.

Callahan isn't even in the AHL yet. I am not sure if he'll be in the AHL next year either. I think 4 years is about right, especially considering Abdelkader is 4 years older than Callahan and this is his first full-season in red and white.

I do remember our talk about Ritola and Abby, but that was before Ritola was picked up by Yzerman. Lightning doesn't have the talent Red Wings do, and the entire team is -6 so far in the season.

Ritola line in Tampa is:

Harju-Ritola-Purcell

VS. (projected)

Bertuzzi-Ritola-Cleary

Not a fair comparison.

Callahan isn't even in the AHL yet. I am not sure if he'll be in the AHL next year either. I think 4 years is about right, especially considering Abdelkader is 4 years older than Callahan and this is his first full-season in red and white.

I do remember our talk about Ritola and Abby, but that was before Ritola was picked up by Yzerman. Lightning doesn't have the talent Red Wings do, and the entire team is -6 so far in the season.

Ritola line in Tampa is:

Harju-Ritola-Purcell

VS. (projected)

Bertuzzi-Ritola-Cleary

Not a fair comparison.

I think Callahan will be in the AHL next year as it looks like he has maxed out his WHL potential. Also, it seldom happens that a 20yr drafted player stays in the WHL if he leads his team in points.

Ritola has more opportunity in Tampa than he would have had in Detroit if he stayed. I believe he has more toi and pp time than Abby too. I thought I would mention it since they both have relatively equal opportunities now. We both have strong, stubborn opinions so I thought we might back them up sometime :)

Either way, Wings are winning so it's a good night for us all.