• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

I've been scouring the net for old hockey footage and stories and I found a few neat things pertaining to the Canadiens and Toronto, but very little on Detroit. I've read several books on the Wings, but it almost always focuses on recent years or on isolated anecdotes. Aside from stats, does anyone know of any resources for researching these early Cup wins? I'm thinking maybe Detroit papers from the era would give some information, but have any books or articles ever been written on the topic?

Just curious, as I own several NHL history books that cover the season briefly, in general, but not Red Wings-specific obviously.

If you don't know of any particular books, does anyone know of any interesting stories or storylines that occurred during the seasons or playoffs? I'm really considering the '30s and '40s right now.

Edited by VM1138, 01 January 2011 - 10:20 PM.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#2 Jett1913

Jett1913

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:19 AM

this book talks about our first cup win: http://www.detroitcityofchamps.com/

#3 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,429 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

Posted Image

Plus, three words: library newspaper microfilm.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.