7)

Free Agents: N. Lidstrom-6.2m; R. Salei-1.1m; J. Ericsson-0.9m

Goalies:

1)
2)
3)

Free Agents: C. Osgood-1.4m; J. Howard-0.8m; J. Macdonald-0.6m

So...

The salary cap is going to be set at about 59.4m next season, and we have about 45.8m committed already (including what I'm guessing is about 0.6m for Mursak, and about 0.6m for Smith); so, that should leave us with about 13.6m in cap space.

#1) N. Lidstrom should be brought back - we hope - at about the same price. 13.6m - *6.2m?* = 7.4m.
#2) J. Howard should be brought back at a somewhat significant raise. 7.4m - *1.4m?* = 6.0m. (For those thinking about signing I. Bryzgalov, he makes 4.3m right now).
#3) J. Ericsson should be brought back at a slight raise. 6.0m - *1.1m?* = 4.9m.
#4) P. Eaves should be brought back at a slight raise. 4.9m - *1.1m?* = 3.8m.
#5) If C. Osgood has a nice last third of the season and wants to come back at a lower price - about 1.0m I'm thinking - that'd be great. If not, we'll have to sign a replacement at about the same price (who, I don't know). I wonder if something could be worked out with E. Nabakov...? 3.8m - *1.0m?* = 2.8m
#7) That leaves us with some options for our 13th forward - and our 2.8m in remaining cap space. If M. Modano has a nice last third of the season and wants to come back, that'd be great. If not, D. Miller's not a bad option - and that'd give us some wiggle room at the trade deadline. I wonder if someone like T. Selanne would be interested in one last shot...?
#8) In my dream world, we'd trade B. Rafalski for a draft pick(s), and use the extra 6.0m in cap space on restricted free agent S. Weber.

R. Salei-1.1m - probably not brought back if B. Smith is ready.
J. MacDonald-0.6m - probably signs a two-way contract.
K. Draper-1.6m - probably retires.

...Dream Lines:

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-*Selanne
Franzen-Zetterberg-Bertuzzi
Hudler-Filppula-Cleary
Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves
Mursak

Lidstrom-*Weber
Kronwall-Stuart
Smith-Ericsson
Kindl

*Nabakov
Howard
MacDonald/McCollum

Edited by blueadams, 18 February 2011 - 01:03 AM.

#2 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

i'll take the 2nd option on this thread.

*aims his 50 Cal rifle toward your computer....*

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#3 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

Id love to see Weber here but no way Nashville lets him go especially to us of all teams because i believe he is a RFA not a UFA. Nabakov I would be shocked if he wasnt a Red Wing on July 1st. Since we signed Mursak, Miller or Eaves are gone. I see Brandon Smith making it full time to the Show as Salei will be gone. I bet its Nabby and Howard i think Ozzie retires hopefully im wrong about that.
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#4 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:55 AM

Id love to see Weber here but no way Nashville lets him go especially to us of all teams because i believe he is a RFA not a UFA. Nabakov I would be shocked if he wasnt a Red Wing on July 1st. Since we signed Mursak, Miller or Eaves are gone. I see Brandon Smith making it full time to the Show as Salei will be gone. I bet its Nabby and Howard i think Ozzie retires hopefully im wrong about that.

Forgot about Smith. Him, Ericsson and Kindl will probably battle it out for 5,6 and 7. Too bad about Salei leaving - if Smith is indeed ready - though. I really like him.

Edited by blueadams, 18 February 2011 - 01:12 AM.

#5 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:18 AM

Forgot about Smith. Him, Ericsson and Kindl will probably battle it out for 5,6 and 7. Too bad about Salei leaving - if Smith is indeed ready - though. I really like him.

Smith won't battle for the 7th spot. He'll either make the team's top 6 or play 25mins a night in GR.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#6 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,333 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

Stop it! Just stop it! Two threads in one day?

Don't forget, there are reports that the cap may even rise as much or more than 4mil this offseason due to improved marketing, the HBO series, and overall record profits.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#7 blueadams

blueadams

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:43 AM

Smith won't battle for the 7th spot. He'll either make the team's top 6 or play 25mins a night in GR.

agreed - sorry, i could have been more specific.