• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nate94gt

Wings fans at road games

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I third it! I love going to the games knowing that some other Wing fan will be within high-fiving distance of us when the Wings score. So fun!

I was at game four between the Avs and the Wings in 2008. Many of the Avalanche fans had dumped their tickets after the Avs went down 3-0 in the series, and many of those tickets had been snapped up by Red Wings fans. As a result, probably one third of the fans there were wearing red. After the Avs went down 7-1 to end the second period, most of the Avs fans hit the road. By the time the game ended and the Avalanche gave their end-of-season salute, it was mostly a sea of red down around the glass.

It was great.

Its hockeytown!.. fans are everywhere! Plus many from detroit move out, but its nice to know they stay true to their hometown. I mean, I'm sure not everyone on this forum is currently living in MI, right?

And I will say, I love it just as much as the next person. Its nothing like seeing your team play away, yet spotting out all the seas of red in the crowd cheering the Wings. Its an amazing thing to watch

Edited by LadyInRed

I was at game four between the Avs and the Wings in 2008. Many of the Avalanche fans had dumped their tickets after the Avs went down 3-0 in the series, and many of those tickets had been snapped up by Red Wings fans. As a result, probably one third of the fans there were wearing red. After the Avs went down 7-1 to end the second period, most of the Avs fans hit the road. By the time the game ended and the Avalanche gave their end-of-season salute, it was mostly a sea of red down around the glass.

It was great.

I was at that game too! My sister got tickets for us off of ebay! We were down in the lower bowl near the penalty box. We stayed to the end and clapped for the Avs as their season ended. We were also at game three with my nephew in the upper bowl. It was so much fun. Those are the only playoff games I've been to.

I also got to be there in Dec. for Ozzy's 400th win. What a great night. Ozzy chants all through the game!