• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Eklund: Boss of the NHL Rumor Mill!

Rate this topic

Dater has really outdone himself this time. This is hilarious.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/adrian_dater/02/25/eklund.hockeybuzz.nhl.rumors/index.html?xid=twitter_share

First of all, Wysh had this to say about the article:

@wyshynski

Spoke w/ @adater for an SI piece on the deadline, rumors. Turns out it was actually a handjob for Eklund. Embarrassing.

And from the article:

While dozens of fully-accredited, double-and-triple-checking-their-sources reporters toil away for endangered old-school media companies that still live by journalism's get-it-right mantra, the mysterious man known as "Eklund" from the site Hockeybuzz.com has blown past nearly all of them in daily web traffic by largely peddling rumors -- about 98.5 percent of which, according to some analysis, never actually come to fruition.

However, most of the article is, as Wysh put it, a handjob for Eklund - a love letter to the guy who gets most of his stuff wrong.

Hilarious.

I'm sure Lyle Richardson would get a good chuckle out of the author's characterization of Eklund's "peers" as old media guys who are behind the curve.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/ Is still the most respected hockey rumour site on the internet and Lyle doesn't have to make bulls*** up or charge money like Eklund does.

Hilarious.

I'm sure Lyle Richardson would get a good chuckle out of the author's characterization of Eklund's "peers" as old media guys who are behind the curve.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/ Is still the most respected hockey rumour site on the internet and Lyle doesn't have to make bulls*** up or charge money like Eklund does.

Yeah, I love Lyle's site and check it everyday. I used to write for him, even. But what makes his site great is what makes it "boring" to the casual (non) fan--he shoots down the bulls***. Even when assheads like Bruce Garrioch are spewing garbage about Spezza and Alfredsson being on the market, Lyle calls it out. I will say he's been a bit too conservative lately, though, shooting down moves like the Kovalev deal, which actually went down.

And then there's Eklund. Pure tabloid hockey. But as long as there are lonely, pathetic losers buying US Weekly and living precariously through the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, there will be a demand for such tripe.

I agree with you dre to an extent imo i always look at eklunds site with a grain of salt i know that its like a tabloid magazine and 9.999999 out of 10 his rumors dont happen. I think the mistake that a lot of writers and fans make is that they take eklunds word and trust his word like his site is TSN or even thefourthperiod when hockeybuzz is not that its a rumor site just like espn insider is.

Yeah, I love Lyle's site and check it everyday. I used to write for him, even. But what makes his site great is what makes it "boring" to the casual (non) fan--he shoots down the bulls***. Even when assheads like Bruce Garrioch are spewing garbage about Spezza and Alfredsson being on the market, Lyle calls it out. I will say he's been a bit too conservative lately, though, shooting down moves like the Kovalev deal, which actually went down.

And then there's Eklund. Pure tabloid hockey. But as long as there are lonely, pathetic losers buying US Weekly and living precariously through the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, there will be a demand for such tripe.

Oh definitely.

Guest Crymson

Eklund says his cell phone bills average more than $2,000 a month from all his talking with sources, partially because he makes many expensive calls to Canada and beyond that are not covered in his minutes plan.

Vonage?