• Please log in to reply
982 replies to this topic

#961 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Phoenix will not go down without a fight. Normally I would say just take one game at the opposing arena, but since half of Jobbing.com arena will be cheering for the Wings, it would be best if the Wings can just win the next two games. The Wings need as much rest as possible between series, and I just don't see Phoenix hanging with the Wings 5 on 5.

Phoenix has to win 4 of the next 5 to advance. That just is not going to happen. It's not impossible. Pittsburgh did it against us in '09 but Phoenix is not in the same league as Pittsburgh was.

We need to end this as quickly as possible and rest up for San Jose (if San Jose doesn't choke again and they are already showing signs of that) or Nashville/Aneheim.
Do or do not. There is no try

#962 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:49 PM

Phoenix has to win 4 of the next 5 to advance. That just is not going to happen. It's not impossible. Pittsburgh did it against us in '09 but Phoenix is not in the same league as Pittsburgh was.

We need to end this as quickly as possible and rest up for San Jose (if San Jose doesn't choke again and they are already showing signs of that) or Nashville/Aneheim.

I agree we SHOULD win this, and the sooner the better, but I still think its too early to start looking to next round. Phoenix came dangerously close to tying it yesterday in a game that felt like the Wings absolutely dominated. I'll be surprised (but thrilled) if they don't get at least one game.

Ref controversy aside, the Wings NEED to stop taking so many penalties. A lot of those were questionable yesterday, but a lot of them weren't, and the refs have already made it clear they will make a call if given the chance. 5 on 5 is how we'll win this series I think.
Posted Image

#963 Trapt1307

Trapt1307

Tootoo + Hem = Win

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:51 PM

Remember LA in 01? Never say never.

Edited by Trapt1307, 17 April 2011 - 12:52 PM.

"Scotty hated the world and treated everybody the same, from me to Steve Yzerman,'' Legace said. ''Scotty would rip anybody, and had the personality of ant."

#964 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,094 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

LA in 01 we lost Stevie and Shanny and it was game over. We haven't sustained any injuries in 2 games, Phoenix cant play with Detroit 5on5. Avoid penalties, get decent goal tending and finish Phoenix off as quick as possible.

#NOMOREKINDL

#965 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 01:41 PM

haha dats :)

#966 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

Uh, I said that it is not impossible. Did you read my entire post?
Do or do not. There is no try

#967 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

Also Colorado in '99. I've never been so pissed at a Wings cup run since then. I'm still not quite sure what happened there.

#968 stuck in socal

stuck in socal

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:17 PM

The bottom line is the Wings need to put the stranglehold on the Coyotes tomorrow night.
Playoff Time. Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

#969 denverwingsfan13

denverwingsfan13

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

Phoenix blogger asking Wings fans to wear white:

http://www.azcentral...nBickley/124970

Sad, sad, sad.

#970 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

Phoenix blogger asking Wings fans to wear white:

http://www.azcentral...nBickley/124970

Sad, sad, sad.

http://www.letsgowin...ans-in-arizona/

#971 denverwingsfan13

denverwingsfan13

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:07 PM

http://www.letsgowin...ans-in-arizona/

sorry about that! :)

#972 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

sorry about that! :)

No I'm just saying that's where the discussion is about that one. We have some pretty good responses in that thread. You should join in.

#973 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:30 PM

When a reporter asked coach Mike Babcock if Franzen was kept out of practice as a precaution, Babcock replied, “should I do what happened to him to you and see if you’re here today?”

Posted Image

#974 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

^^^ That's the reason he's a Stanley Cup and Gold medal coach.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#975 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:03 PM

I think we should be prepared for a lot of bad ref calls tomorrow. The way the refs seem to be calling games is to make them as exciting as possible. The NHL doesn't want sweeps in series. So, just like the Rangers got today, I'd expect a 5 on 3 tomorrow against us and I'd expect 6-7 penalties called on us in the game.

This is how the refs call things now. When one team is up big, the calls all start going the other way. Just my opinion.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#976 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:10 PM

I think we should be prepared for a lot of bad ref calls tomorrow. The way the refs seem to be calling games is to make them as exciting as possible. The NHL doesn't want sweeps in series. So, just like the Rangers got today, I'd expect a 5 on 3 tomorrow against us and I'd expect 6-7 penalties called on us in the game.

This is how the refs call things now. When one team is up big, the calls all start going the other way. Just my opinion.

The Wings have gotten a 5 on 3 against in now 7 straight playoff games or something like that. I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T have to kill off a 5 on 3 tomorrow. But there's still hope in that they can kill it off.

#977 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

The Wings have gotten a 5 on 3 against in now 7 straight playoff games or something like that. I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T have to kill off a 5 on 3 tomorrow. But there's still hope in that they can kill it off.

Mubuhay: I wanted to tell you I really, REALLY appreciate your avatar. Very well done. Thanks. :thumbup:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#978 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

coyotes fans calling for runs and injury of pavel datsyuk
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#979 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 06:59 PM

coyotes fans calling for runs and injury of pavel datsyuk

The Yotes themselves are probably echoing similar sentiments.

But in any case you can just reply with, 'The Coyotes would like to reveal their new owner. His name is Pavel Datsyuk.'

(Read that somewhere earlier today but I forget where)

#980 Mabuhay Red Wings

Mabuhay Red Wings

PACquiao!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

Mubuhay: I wanted to tell you I really, REALLY appreciate your avatar. Very well done. Thanks. :thumbup:

Well thanks! Although, I have to admit I stole it off the HF Boards theme.

And just a minor correction: It's Mabuhay. It's mean "Long live" in Pilipino language. So, Long Live the Red Wings!