• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF Game 2 GDT: Coyotes 3 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Wings can never make it easy, can they?

They were way too undisciplined in the 3rd, I don't know what happened. You can blame the refs but mostly it was just stupid moves by Wings players, such as Franzen's cross-check.

The first 2 periods were amazing though, and they did pull themselves together in the end and held on to the win. Series is 2-0 and I'm not going to complain too much.

Btw, this was one of the best games I've ever seen Pavel Datsyuk play. He's played many great ones, but wow. Did he make a single mistake tonight? Did he lose a puck battle? Did he miss a pass? Did he not completely dictate the pace of the game every time he set foot on the ice? He is shutting up the people who have called him a playoff no-show, one shift at a time.

Team looked great today. I'm ok with a game being close if it's because of power play goals, not a lot you can do with those sometimes, especially the 5on3. But even strength and on their own PPs, they looked killer. Howie has been playing great, too.

Dumb penalty by bert and franzen. Not all are bad calls

Franzen's crosscheck was stupid but 99% of the time the refs call both guys. Aucoin retaliated enough that it should have either been coincidentals or the refs leave it alone because it's f***in playoff hockey.

I think the way this ended actually helps the Wings and hurts the Yotes.

The wind was taken out of their sails from what they were hoping would be an epic comeback if they would have just rolled over then the Wings may have come into the next game sluggish but now they know they have to keep the foot on the gas.

It would be nice if when we got down in games that we could count on the referees to even things up for us.......

I think in one or two of those SJ games we faced 2 5 on 3's as well. So, probably more like 7 5 on3's in the last 5 of 6 playoff games. Just been absurd.

If you believe the refs will attempt to even up most any game, then along that line of thinking it would seem to make sense the league wants other teams besides Detroit to get exposure and go far in the playoffs. For what, I don't know. Because, the NHL fanbase is not growing despite what the NHL tries to tell people.

That was nice of the referees to increase the degree of difficulty for us. It's nice to know we can win a game 5-on-7 when we have to.

I mean, I'm not normally a ref-hater but damn. I thought maybe when Doan got off scot-free it meant they'd taken boarding out of the rule book and not told anyone, but Helm seems to have discovered the new penalty to replace it: two minutes for nudging.

I think the way this ended actually helps the Wings and hurts the Yotes.

The wind was taken out of their sails from what they were hoping would be an epic comeback if they would have just rolled over then the Wings may have come into the next game sluggish but now they know they have to keep the foot on the gas.

I completely agree. We have an ever better idea of what we have to do, while they get to go home knowing that even when they do their best, they still lose. I like it. I mean, I did kinda like the part where we were up 4-0 too, but the psychological angle we've got here does give me a boost.

The interference on helm to make it a 5 on 3 was ridiculous

Yeah, that was called "Lets make it interesting for the national audience". Wings were a much better team today. The only reason it was close was because of the non-stop penalties in the second half of the game. Even with those powerplays, the Coyotes were still lousy. They were two seconds away from blowing another long 5-3.

I think in one or two of those SJ games we faced 2 5 on 3's as well. So, probably more like 7 5 on3's in the last 5 of 6 playoff games. Just been absurd.

If you believe the refs will attempt to even up most any game, then along that line of thinking it would seem to make sense the league wants other teams besides Detroit to get exposure and go far in the playoffs. For what, I don't know. Because, the NHL fanbase is not growing despite what the NHL tries to tell people.

AGREED. you rarely see detroit get handed a game by the refs. this is an attempt to get some more interest in the game. uneducated people who have no idea what they are watching could get real excited when a team makes a comeback.

It's funny reading the coyotes boards claiming they legitly fought their way back into this game, but fail to mention the refs kept giftwrapping goals for them. Just ridiculous.

If I was not in love with the Wings I would quit watching the NHL. It's just ridiculous.

The interference on helm to make it a 5 on 3 was ridiculous

Thats putting it diplomatically.

Since I don't give a f*** what people say, I'll put it in terms we all are thinking...

That was pure bulls***, and a clear sign of the type of BS and corruption going on in the league now. If a team goes down these days, you can count on the corrupt refs (via orders of Bettman and NHL govs) to throw the game in their favor.

And in this match? Pffft... Its AZ, one of the leagues babies that they have been funding (with the revenues of the actual real NHL teams, BTW) to try to keep afloat for years now, so you know the refs throught this whole series will be doing everything they can (via orders from Bettman and Co.) to throw the games in phoenix's favor to try to expent the series as long as they can, and make Bettman and Co. as much $$$$$ as possible. You think the calls in this game were BS, just wait until we get to AZ.......

It's only been 2 games but Pav leads the league in playoff points. Woo. :thumbup:

Too bad it was all overshadowed by Shane Doan simply dressing today. These National Broadcast f***fests have to stop. It's bad enough that the officiating is terrible, but to have these yahoos clearly rooting for the other teams is a bunch of biased bulls***.

Show the Helm hit because they never showed a replay that I saw. I'd love to know what was so bad about it. Helm is like 50lbs lighter than Jovanovski.

Tippett was complaining about it during his presser. The angle that they had live from behind the glass wasn't good but it sure as hell looked like a regular old run of mill hockey hit to me.

Thats putting it diplomatically.

Since I don't give a f*** what people say, I'll put it in terms we all are thinking...

That was pure bulls***, and a clear sign of the type of BS and corruption going on in the league now. If a team goes down these days, you can count on the corrupt refs (via orders of Bettman and NHL govs) to throw the game in their favor.

And in this match? Pffft... Its AZ, one of the leagues babies that they have been funding (with the revenues of the actual real NHL teams, BTW) to try to keep afloat for years now, so you know the refs throught this whole series will be doing everything they can (via orders from Bettman and Co.) to throw the games in phoenix's favor to try to expent the series as long as they can, and make Bettman and Co. as much $$$$$ as possible. You think the calls in this game were BS, just wait until we get to AZ.......

I thought the interference call on Helm was the correct call.

Dumb penalty by bert and franzen. Not all are bad calls

Cleary's elbow was pretty f***in stupid also but The Refs sure stunk up the game.

And someone should shove a board up the ref's ass that called the boarding penalty on Helm. The officiating in the league gets worse every year.....

Edited by nuts2u