9 replies to this topic

#1 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Eklund On Hemsky...

The Islanders and Kings are in talks...but I would especially look out here for the Red Wings...

Yeah its not gonna happen but since its summer and so boring atleast its something to laugh and talk about. Hes had some injury probs the last couple years and not sure a dangler is what holland would shop for.

#2 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

When healthy the guy can produce, and could possibly be a 40 goal scorer with the right centerman.

As it's already been mentioned - he's had shoulder woes these past few seasons thus diminishing his trade value, but he could find a new home sooner than later...If Holland could ship Hudler, and a later round draft pick to land Hemsky - I'd be a happy camper.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#3 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

Eklund just tweeted hemsky to det or pit.

#4 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:06 AM

I would be pissed if they trade for him actually. Unless it was Hudler for him straight up.

He doesn't impress me enough to justify his salary.

Also, I have zero faith that it would happen... They need defense bad, and we won't be giving that so...

... yeah.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#5 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

When healthy the guy can produce, and could possibly be a 40 goal scorer with the right centerman.

As it's already been mentioned - he's had shoulder woes these past few seasons thus diminishing his trade value, but he could find a new home sooner than later...If Holland could ship Hudler, and a later round draft pick to land Hemsky - I'd be a happy camper.

I would be pissed if they trade for him actually. Unless it was Hudler for him straight up.

He doesn't impress me enough to justify his salary.

Also, I have zero faith that it would happen... They need defense bad, and we won't be giving that so...

... yeah.

Hemsky has been more offensively productive than Hudler due largely to better opportunity, but he is worse in every other area except skating. "I'll take an injury-prone quick skater, I think he'd do well on one of our top two lines!" Why not just put Hudler there? He's actually got proven chemistry with those guys, works hard, is capable of better defense, and has shown excellent offensive abilities. And he's NOT injury-prone.

And Maj...
Hemsky was signed to a six-year deal after scoring 154 points in 211 games over three seasons. This is compared to 84 points in 221 games in three seasons for Franzen. Hemsky got a six year deal, Franzen got an 11-year deal. If Hemsky were to play at 80% of his normal level in the playoffs, I'd say trading Franzen for Hemsky and Brule wouldn't be bad. They were willing to simply hand Brule over to the Kings, so he basically counts as an add-on in this deal.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#6 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hemsky has been more offensively productive than Hudler due largely to better opportunity, but he is worse in every other area except skating. "I'll take an injury-prone quick skater, I think he'd do well on one of our top two lines!" Why not just put Hudler there? He's actually got proven chemistry with those guys, works hard, is capable of better defense, and has shown excellent offensive abilities. And he's NOT injury-prone.

And Maj...
Hemsky was signed to a six-year deal after scoring 154 points in 211 games over three seasons. This is compared to 84 points in 221 games in three seasons for Franzen. Hemsky got a six year deal, Franzen got an 11-year deal. If Hemsky were to play at 80% of his normal level in the playoffs, I'd say trading Franzen for Hemsky and Brule wouldn't be bad. They were willing to simply hand Brule over to the Kings, so he basically counts as an add-on in this deal.

Hemsky is a much better player than Hudler could ever be...Shoulder injuries, and not having a legit #1 centerman have been his primary issues.

#7 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:00 AM

And Maj...

Think about roles though, Hemsky was top six player for the Oilers, while Franzen was bottom six with the Wings. All his points came in a big push near signing that contract. Indicating that he would be a big time scorer. Whether or not that was wise isn't the question, I am simply indicating the thought process.

As for your idea of trading Franzen for Hemsky and Brule. I personally wouldn't think that was a bad trade, but I do think it depends on what Franzen you get. I simply put out that I never thought of Hemsky as a great player. I wouldn't make that trade in Fantasy Hockey either... which take that for whatever worth you want.

I would take him over Hudler... but you have to pay for him too.

Injuries are a concern as well.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#8 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:22 AM

Hemsky is a much better player than Hudler could ever be...Shoulder injuries, and not having a legit #1 centerman have been his primary issues.

Because Darren Helm and Valtteri Filppula are legit #1 centermen? Hemsky's linemates have been much better offensively than Hudler's. It's nowhere NEAR close.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#9 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

Very interested in this. Hudler + pick for Hemsky
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#10 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:26 AM

Very interested in this. Hudler + pick for Hemsky

I'd love to see that as well - although I seriously doubt it'll happen since there's little interest in Hudler...Now if Helm were part of a "package" (be it with a draft pick or 2, or Helm, and Hudler packaged together)then there might be some interest on Edmonton's behalf.

With roughly $6 million in cap space I'm hoping something is done to improve our team.