• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

Whatever the case Andrei Kostitsyn is drama ridden. I wouldn't mind though a trade for him involving Hudler as probably 75% of this board wouldn't mind as well. I apologize for bringing up Hudler's issues in this thread my fault :P

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 13 August 2011 - 12:54 PM.

#22 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

And has possible mob connections.

I love your new avatar so much that I'll be giving you some +1.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#23 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:10 PM

I love your new avatar so much that I'll be giving you some +1.

Really?

Is Metal Gear really popular in Finland? I always wonder what games that are popular here are also popular in other countries.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#24 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

not much difference in production really;

Kostitsyn Pl326 G87 A99 Pts186 +- +16
Hudler Pl328 G62 A102 Pts164 +- +26

the other aspect is Kostitsyn is a year younger.
contract difference would be $400,000 into Kennys fund.

Arent the Habs on the lookout for help on the blueline thou?
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#25 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,258 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

Can he be worst than Hudler though drama wise? I think not. But his 3.2 cap hit is the thing. But at least his numbers are good and paired with even better linemates could probably be better. I'd say :thumbup: to this is my 2 cents.

I don't understand this. Hudler never caused any drama except for his contract negotiations. Playing under your potential doesn't mean you're creating drama. All signs point to him being an excellent locker room influence. Everyone on the team loves Hudler. And I'm sure everyone loves Kostitsyn, but only because he keeps them supplied with drugs, haha.

And the girlfriend thing was Leino, not Hudler.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#26 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

Really?

Is Metal Gear really popular in Finland? I always wonder what games that are popular here are also popular in other countries.

Well, the first Metal Gear Solid in '98 was a huge hit here. I remember it well as I started school that year. I never had it myself but I always remembered the theme music and stuff like that. Only later I decided to play more of them and played both the first and the second game. Great story, great gameplay, awesome game. Still thinking to maybe buy the Snake Eater for my PS3 and the other ones as well.

As for the actual discussion in the thread, I really don't think Andrei Kostitsyn is the kinda player that we should try to get right now or in the near future.

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqq8uqSDnk
TRULY EPIC!

Edited by Finnish Wing, 14 August 2011 - 09:11 AM.

Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#27 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

I'd pick Hudler 10 times out of 10... and twice on Sunday.

No thanks to this Kostitsyn bum. As bad as Hudler was last year, I know he is a legit goal scorer. And with this being his contract year, I expect him to have a career year and score lots of big goals.

Unless Kenny can trade Hudler for a gritty top6 goal scorer, I say keep him and enjoy his 2011 goal production. You'd have to be ignorant to think Hudler will have another this bad of season while entering his prime... (especially during a contract year).

Edited by Heaten, 14 August 2011 - 12:26 PM.

#28 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

Kostitsen is a much more dangerous offensive player than Hudler despite what many would like to think. He also brings some size and physicality as well.

If the question really is Hudler for Andrei straight up than yeah give me Andrei but I wouldnt trade a whole lot more for him. Emmerton or Miller maybe could be thrown into the mix

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#29 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

I'd pick Hudler 10 times out of 10... and twice on Sunday.

No thanks to this Kostitsyn bum. As bad as Hudler was last year, I know he is a legit goal scorer. And with this being his contract year, I expect him to have a career year and score lots of big goals.

Unless Kenny can trade Hudler for a gritty top6 goal scorer, I say keep him and enjoy his 2011 goal production. You'd have to be ignorant to think Hudler will have another this bad of season while entering his prime... (especially during a contract year).

It's a contract year for Andrei as well. He has also out scored Hudler overall in their careers despite playing two fewer games. I just don't see how acquiring him will improve the team overall. If he was traded for Hudler it would be a wash, not really worth it.

As for the comment about a gritty top six forward I agree there. Hudler won't get us that though.

#30 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:56 PM

i would trade something that lives in a toilet. nothing more, nothing well...more.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!