Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

Just a spot to drop scout sightings...

example
Per the Ottawa Sunís Chris Stevenson:
JUST WONDERING: Detroit Red Wings scout Kirk Maltby has been following the Buffalo Sabres around. Could the Wings have an interest in Sabres forward Paul Gaustad? If itís not Gaustad, Canadiens winger Travis Moen could fit the bill for added grit for the Wingsď

I wonder if there is anything else the Sabres are thinking about dropping.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#2 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

Brad Boyes and Hecht are UFA so maybe they are for sale...

No defensemen are up at the time... maybe Robin or Jordan who have year left each after would be something they were looking at.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#3 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

Derek Roy probably wont be a popular guy around here (his size) but I wouldn't mind having him.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#4 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

Derek Roy probably wont be a popular guy around here (his size) but I wouldn't mind having him.

He went way cold this year...

#5 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Roy, Stafford and Boyes are reportedly on the block from Buffalo, FYI.

#6 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

Regehr would be a great addition. He'd beef up the defense for the playoffs and could replace Stuart next year.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#7 wingsdiehard13

wingsdiehard13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

He went way cold this year...

Yeah, but most players whom are on the block are having down years.

**Thanks Offsides**
**Thanks TeeMan**

#8 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

Regehr would be a great addition. He'd beef up the defense for the playoffs and could replace Stuart next year.

We have a joke from NHL 10; no matter what, it is only a matter of time before Regehr is acquired for Franzen. That trade ALWAYS happens thanks to the bad AI on that...

Seriously, I don't see them making that move as it might cost too much. Also do we need to put Mike and Jakub on the bench?