1 reply to this topic

#1 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

My link

Classy that they do it when the Wings are there. They're only the second Father and Son to have their numbers retired.

Edited by MidMichSteve, 06 March 2012 - 10:43 AM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#2 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 771 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Very classy presentation and great to see him and his family. Great guy. Great move by the Flyers and Red Wings.

This may sound a little cocky and out of place, but this shows the eliteness of the DRW when compared to other franchises across the league. The Flyers do have a rich history and a great franchise, etc., but if Mark Howe's career at Philly was switched with DRW (so to say his entire Flyer career was instead a tenure as a Red Wing), I guarantee he would not have his number retired here. He has great numbers and is a class act, but the rafters at the Joe are just another class of hockey player, and perhaps devotion to the organization.

I know this might be out of place but just wanted to put in my two cents. I know jersey retirement is always a hot topic on LGW. Congratulations to Mark on a great career and for all his contributions to the game.

Go Wings tonight.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture