• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Pasha off to the WC

Rate this topic

at present Pav is the oldest player on the Russian roster. Could he get the 'C' for his country?

i wonder if he'll try and tap a few of his countrymen up to come to the Joe next year?

Alexei Emelin,Nikita Nikitin and Nikolai Kulemin are all FA's and the young raw undrafted winger Anton Burdasov is a dark horse for the WC for sure.

the title of the thread is open for mis interpretation !!

Edited by Andy Pred 48

at present Pav is the oldest player on the Russian roster. Could he get the 'C' for his country?

i wonder if he'll try and tap a few of his countrymen up to come to the Joe next year?

Alexei Emelin,Nikita Nikitin and Nikolai Kulemin are all FA's and the young raw undrafted winger Anton Burdasov is a dark horse for the WC for sure.

the title of the thread is open for mis interpretation !!

The players you mentioned (Emelin, Nikitin, and Kulemin) are all RFA's... It's not as if Dats can just say, "hey come play for the Red Wings..."

It's highly unlikely that their current teams let them walk, since they're all solid young players.

Now, Burdasov, while I know very little about him, could be an interesting snag if he is able to sign with an NHL team. Crazy he hasn't been drafted by anyone and he's only 20 years old. Good size and decent numbers in Russia. Does he have any glaring weaknesses?

he could improve his skating but thats said about alot of players, but my take on it is if he is able to make the national team (even if some of the regulars are still in the Stanley p/o) he must have something about him.

only down side is he has played all his hockey for his hometown teams, so may be happy with his lot so to speak.

Edited by Andy Pred 48