• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,911 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Brown is one of the worst. Go to youtube and type in "Dustin Brown dive". Prepare to change your opinion on him. He's a joke. Flopped all over the place in the playoffs last year.

i didnt think the dustin brown dives were too bad, the only bad one was the cross check from ekman larsson.

Brown dives for sure. It's embarrassing, especially coming from a captain.

But he hardly flopped his way through the playoffs. There were a couple plays, but honestly I thought he was better than usual regarding diving in the postseason.

#22 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#23 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

This vid is just so great, I had to share. This is why I hate Crosby:

Edited by RedWingsDad, 24 August 2012 - 02:35 PM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#24 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

bieksa dives... spezza is actually not that bad and not liles either. It is more of a league epidemic than just a few guys.

Brown dives for sure. It's embarrassing, especially coming from a captain.

But he hardly flopped his way through the playoffs. There were a couple plays, but honestly I thought he was better than usual regarding diving in the postseason.

he flopped his way through the playoffs, dont kid yourself. Kopitar is honorable so you have to give them that, kopitar is far more of a captain.

Edited by jollymania, 24 August 2012 - 10:39 PM.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#25 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

What country would you say most of the divers are from hmmmm??

#26 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,911 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

bieksa dives... spezza is actually not that bad and not liles either. It is more of a league epidemic than just a few guys.

he flopped his way through the playoffs, dont kid yourself. Kopitar is honorable so you have to give them that, kopitar is far more of a captain.

I think Kopitar would make a better captain but I'm not kidding myself. I'm not saying Brown didn't dive but he hardly flopped his way through the playoffs.

You make it sound like he's Kesler out there.

#27 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

This vid is just so great, I had to share. This is why I hate Crosby:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihs9a1N0L7Y

29 teams in the league should play this on their jumbotrons.

#28 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

China :lol:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#29 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Since you asked...
of the 11 players that have been named as divers in this thread, 6 are Canadian, 3 are American and the sisters are of course Swedish.
So as far as this particular discussion goes, 54% of the divers are Canadian...and no surprise here but 6/11 were from the Canucks.
I don't really think it matter where they are from (especially since as of 2010/2011 season 53% of all NHL players were Canadian so naturally the number will be higher) but I do think it reflects poorly on the Canucks as a team.

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#30 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Brad Marchand was pretty bad in the playoffs last year. Dove on several occasions. Steve Bernier has done his fair share of flops in his career, too. Hopefully they really start cracking down on this kind of stuff. Making the NHL look like soccer.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 26 August 2012 - 09:24 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#31 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:29 PM

Brad Marchand was pretty bad in the playoffs last year. Dove on several occasions. Steve Bernier has done his fair share of flops in his career, too. Hopefully they really start cracking down on this kind of stuff. Making the NHL look like soccer.

unfortunately tootoo is also one of the leagues worst divers
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#32 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Howard flops more than most goalies... Goaltenders dives are always blatantly obvious

The way the NHL has the rules for stick infractions a ref could call a limitless amount of penalties per game so obviously players are going to learn to embelllish. The rules need to be black and white or have a guideline when exactly a stick infraction is unacceptable because te game is played with stick infractions throughout the game

#33 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

unfortunately tootoo is also one of the leagues worst divers

He's got quite the bad reputation for flopping. Hopefully he knocks that off. He's a hard-hitting, hard-working player that is tough as nails. He doesn't need to be pulling those antics.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#34 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,196 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:25 AM

Since you asked...
of the 11 players that have been named as divers in this thread, 6 are Canadian, 3 are American and the sisters are of course Swedish.
So as far as this particular discussion goes, 54% of the divers are Canadian...and no surprise here but 6/11 were from the Canucks.
I don't really think it matter where they are from (especially since as of 2010/2011 season 53% of all NHL players were Canadian so naturally the number will be higher) but I do think it reflects poorly on the Canucks as a team.

How many of those guys grew up in the WHL? The QMJHL is the worst for producing divers in Canada. Do that in the WHL and you'll get shat kicked.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#35 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

considering a large majority of nhl players are canadian, you have to account for that when you do these sorts of comparisons. A lot of the people we consider divers are usually players who aren't soft in other aspects of their game and thus its obvious when they dive. Brown is very capable of physical domination so its pretty obvs to see him diving out there. Crosby is the "chosen one" and is impossible to bump off the puck so its pretty annoying to see him flop.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?