• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Top 5 favorite Wings playoff series

Rate this topic

Guest irishock

Which are the ones that you could watch over and over again?

1. Avs 2002

2. Avs '97

3. Ducks '09

4. Blues '96

5. Pens '08

Detroit/Carolina '02. At that time, I had met a lady from NC and we were talking about it, with her saying her team would clean up with us, and I looked right at her and said, "Wings in 5. You watch." I liked being right.

Detroit/Colordo '02. Especially games 6&7...I laughed my ass off when they tried the goal stick measure and it backfired, and Game 7 was an absolute hoot.

Yeah anything against the Aves. Some great series against the Blues as well.

One that always sticks with me for better or for worse is the 1994 series against the Sharks. The Wings really should have won, but couldn't close it out. It was right in the peak when people were calling the Wings chokers and calling out Stevie Y as a poor leader. That series sticks with me because it felt like this inevitable trial the Wings had to go through in order to achieve their later success, if that makes any sense.

97 and 02 Aves were amazing though.

2002 with the Avs was really something. It was the crowning jewel in our overall victory in the rivalry. It could have easily gone the other way being down 3-2. The Avs could have easily taken the cup that year if they had beat us in game 6 or 7. That was the scary part and what made it exciting. Also the statue of liberty play was poetic justice on Roy's arrogance.

Call me crazy but I really liked the 2011 series against the Sharks. Lots of Blues fans were telling me after Game 3 that it was over, we would be swept and that time was up on the Wings. We may have lost but man was the comeback fun.