• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
frankgrimes

Ryan Suter pissed off

Rate this topic

You obviously have no clue how the PA works. Players have stated times and times again, how good of a job Fehr has done to provide them with information.

:lol: Sure, I have no clue.

But still, I can read. I read what Suter had to say, and I read what NHL had to propose.

I compare. Than I read you saying how good of job Ferh has done, and I laugh :lol:

And I say, players are being way too politically correct towards PA leaders...

Did you actually hear that from a credible source or just as baseless fan talk on hockey forums, like the rest of us have? I doubt Illitch is against the lockout, he is a business man, and the lockout is to get the owners more money. Plus, the longer the lockout goes on, the greater the chance that the bottom feeding welfare teams will go under, and owners like Illitch will get to stop spending their money to support them.

This is just my humble opinion but I wouldn't be surprised if Illitch is against this lockout. From how frail the guy looked during the Tigers celebration Id be surprised if he really is in on the lockout much. More than likely he has advisors in there for the day to day and he is only around for important votes. Plus the guy unfortunately cant have to many years left in him. A lost season really cuts into the chances of another Cup in his lifetime. And with his spendings on the Tigers I dont see him "bleeding money" as other owners are.

Guest The Axe   
Guest The Axe

Semin-Datsyuk-Parise

Brunner-Zetterberg-Franzen

Doan-Filppula-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary

Suter-Yandle

Carle-Kronwall

White-Smith

Howard

Gustavsson

Get it done, Kenny.

Guest Johnz96   
Guest Johnz96

What does that mean? If you're going to lose anyway, why wouldn't you try to preserve a good relationship with the other teams? You don't think the owners know how the vote is going to turn out before they have it. If Illitch found 2 or 3 other folks on his side, and the other 26 owners were all in favor, it doesn't make sense to shoot yourself in the foot going forward to no purpose.

It would take only 7 votes to appear unanimous if they voted on it and it woudn't surprise me if they did.

Although I tend to lean towards the side of the players, Suter is mad because he was outgreeded by the owners. He went for the once in a lifetime outrageous payday and now he has learned a painful lesson in corporate economics. If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is. The Wild ownership among others knew that if they got their way with the CBA that they wouldn't have to honor these stupid contracts all the way. Nobody to root for regarding these contracts.