• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

By that logic, Steve Tuttle should have gone to jail for attempted murder.

The two circumstances are not even remotely similar but nice try Mr. "logic".  If what Cooke did is sooooo commonplace then where are all the sliced legs?  Maybe it's because the vast majority of instances where a player is pinned from behind didn't involve a douchebag like Matt Cooke and therefore didn't result in an "accidental" leg slicing.  But I'm sure Karlsson was just "unlucky" in this case, I mean that's what all the talking heads on tv are saying right?  And of course we believe everything that's on tv right?  Everyone is CERTAIN of Matt Cooke's "intent" right?

I hope someone seriously hurts Matt Cooke. (by "accident" of course ;) )

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#62 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Yep, lots of examples of why this guy certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.tolensky....f-violence.html

esteef

#63 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Yep, lots of examples of why this guy certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.tolensky....f-violence.html

esteef

Why is this guy in the NHL. Lemieux cried and wimpered his whole career over a the b.s. scrubs mucking up the game. Now he gainfully employs the biggest piece of dung the NHL has seen since Marchment. Puts me like Lemieux less.

#64 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

The two circumstances are not even remotely similar but nice try Mr. "logic".  If what Cooke did is sooooo commonplace then where are all the sliced legs?  Maybe it's because the vast majority of instances where a player is pinned from behind didn't involve a douchebag like Matt Cooke and therefore didn't result in an "accidental" leg slicing.  But I'm sure Karlsson was just "unlucky" in this case, I mean that's what all the talking heads on tv are saying right?  And of course we believe everything that's on tv right?  Everyone is CERTAIN of Matt Cooke's "intent" right?

Are these the same talking heads who said that Colin Campbell was a man of impeccable integrity when those emails surfaced with clear evidence of his corruption?

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#65 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Apparently this is all Karlsson's fault now for not wearing the right kind of socks.  What a load of crap!

esteef

#66 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Apparently this is all Karlsson's fault now for not wearing the right kind of socks.  What a load of crap!

esteef

Well he wouldn't have been injured if he was.

Not saying it's his fault, but facts are the facts. I guess you just want to suspend everyone for anything now, let's take hitting out of the game while we are at it, sometimes people get hurt!

#67 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Well he wouldn't have been injured if he was.

Not saying it's his fault, but facts are the facts. I guess you just want to suspend everyone for anything now, let's take hitting out of the game while we are at it, sometimes people get hurt!

If stomping someone from behind with a skate blade is considered hitting now then yes, suspend away!

esteef

Edited by esteef, 17 February 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#68 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Im pretty sure Cooke attempted to stomp Karlsson. Look at the replay, who does that when trying to pin a player? Its laughable that people think Cooke wasnt trying something fishy here

#69 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

I feel so bad for Eriksson and the rest of the team :( I feel bad for all the ottawa fans. EK is one of the best players is the game. He bring people to the game. Without him, what will happen? :(

Meh, he's making 6 million per. I wouldn't want to have a 70% torn Achilles, but sitting at home collecting your 6 digit cheques with your red Ferrari in the garage; I don't feel bad for any player. Not after the last lockout. 

As for the play itself, Cooke obviously didn't do it on purpose. These types of injuries happen so Sens fans should suck it up

Edited by irishock, 17 February 2013 - 08:18 PM.

bringit.jpg

#70 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,412 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Im pretty sure Cooke attempted to stomp Karlsson. Look at the replay, who does that when trying to pin a player? Its laughable that people think Cooke wasnt trying something fishy here

Who does that when trying to pin a player?  The majority of players....this is the current technique being taught (i.e. lifting your leg up in between your opponents legs).  Complete fluke that his skate came down made contact with an unprotected spot on Karlsson's leg.

I think it would take a complete pyscho to do that on purpose.  Maybe Cooke is a pyscho and he did do it on purpose, I don't know, but I think that would be a gigantic leap to make and I think pretty much everyone close to the NHL (except the OTT org.) agrees that this was a normal, multiple times a day play that ended badly.

#71 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

Who does that when trying to pin a player?  The majority of players....this is the current technique being taught (i.e. lifting your leg up in between your opponents legs).  Complete fluke that his skate came down made contact with an unprotected spot on Karlsson's leg.

I think it would take a complete pyscho to do that on purpose.  Maybe Cooke is a pyscho and he did do it on purpose, I don't know, but I think that would be a gigantic leap to make and I think pretty much everyone close to the NHL (except the OTT org.) agrees that this was a normal, multiple times a day play that ended badly.

So lifting your leg SKATE FIRST is currently being taught?  I don't think so.  Surely an NHL caliber player of numerous years in the league knows how to properly perform pinning another player against the boards without stomping his foot skate-first into the opponent's leg.  It's not like Cooke had another player checking him to knock him off balance or anything, he had all day to initiate and properly pin Ottawa's best d-man against the boards without the skate blade making contact.  Unfortunately he did not and it wasn't some damned accident.

Using consensus among NHL and tv "experts" is laughable.  They will simply fall in line with the league's decision because we all know who affords their paychecks.  This isn't the first time, and it certainly won't be the last that they royally screwed up.  The Sens owner and GM are absolutely right.  Cooke is a piece of s*** and shouldn't be in the league.  He's had enough f***in' chances.

esteef

#72 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,376 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

Meh, he's making 6 million per. I wouldn't want to have a 70% torn Achilles, but sitting at home collecting your 6 digit cheques with your red Ferrari in the garage; I don't feel bad for any player. Not after the last lockout. 

As for the play itself, Cooke obviously didn't do it on purpose. These types of injuries happen so Sens fans should suck it up

Nick Lidstrom made that much last season. Would you have felt bad if it was him? 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#73 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

Defending Matt Cooke is so ridiculous. Once every 5 year accidents seem to happen with Matt Cooke twice a year. How much is enough.
  • Nev likes this

#74 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,053 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

If you think Karlsson is just sitting at home collecting his cheques you are wrong, the guy will have to do an intense rehab, skate a few weeks on basically one leg, same goes for the gym and take cabs whereever he wants to go. So yes, he is getting a lot of money but this doesn't mean, this injury will be an easy one to overcome...so sitting at home and doing nothing might be far from the truth.

lidsretire2.jpg

Thank you so much perfect human being #5

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

Phase I: injury rattled roster Phase II: BABCOCK Phase III: Playoffs XXIII !

#75 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

I think it would take a complete pyscho to do that on purpose.  Maybe
Cooke is a pyscho and he did do it on purpose, I don't know, but I think
that would be a gigantic leap to make

Yeah, what kind of a physco stomps on another player?  Chris Simon, Chris Pronger.......Matt Cooke.  Spot the common denominator.

Edited by Nev, 18 February 2013 - 12:32 PM.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#76 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,557 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, what kind of a physco stomps on another player?  Chris Simon, Chris Pronger.......Matt Cooke.  Spot the common denominator.

Bobby Ryan too. 

The difference is those were clear stomps.  If you watch the Cooke play at full speed instead of slow motion, I'd hardly call it a stomp.  His skate comes down right as they run into the boards. 

Cooke is a POS but if he were this good at disguising his dirty plays, he wouldn't have the reputation he does.  You guys are giving him way too much credit for how clever he is. 

#77 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Pinning someone against the boards involves leading with the thigh, not the skate blade, but I'm sure all the "players" on the board know this already.  Cooke is laughing at all of you.

esteef

#78 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,557 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Pinning someone against the boards involves leading with the thigh, not the skate blade, but I'm sure all the "players" on the board know this already.  Cooke is laughing at all of you.

esteef

He didn't lead with the skate blade. 

#79 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Skate blade being pushed forward towards Karlsson's ankles BEFORE Cooke gets to the boards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J63qxwekH4

esteef

#80 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

I can't even look at this, it makes me cringe just thinking about it.  Hopefully he recovers quickly.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".