• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#221 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

And please tell me why Tatar ir rotting in the minors?? This team needs more top 6 talent 

#222 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

Oh well... tough loss, nothing went right.... take it out on Chicago on Easter Sunday... Big Day for the organization upcoming, hopefully the youngster decides to stay home!

#223 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:09 AM

Sometimes your hot goalie gets the other team, sometimes the other team's hot goalie gets you. This game could have gone either way.

That's hockey.

#224 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

And please tell me why Tatar ir rotting in the minors?? This team needs more top 6 talent 

3 goals and 4 assists in 7 games since he went back down.

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#225 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

Very puzzling. I like Nyquist, but Tatar was far more impressive during his time in Detroit. I would prefer Tatar back up playing instead of Nyquist right now. Tatar needs a shot with Datsyuk.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#226 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Very puzzling. I like Nyquist, but Tatar was far more impressive during his time in Detroit. I would prefer Tatar back up playing instead of Nyquist right now. Tatar needs a shot with Datsyuk.

I prefer Tatar over Nyquist as well. But really why cant they both be up.  There both good enough to be here and better then a lot of the dead weight over the hill grind guys that we are carrying ATM. 

#227 gowings2414

gowings2414

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

From what I remember they sent him down there so someone wouldn't claim him on waivers, thats what i heard. If thats true, I wonder how long it would be until we can safely call him back up, I think he's a great talent.

"I am number 13, because I am number 13" - Pavel Datsyuk

#228 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Well that was less than awesome. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#229 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

From what I remember they sent him down there so someone wouldn't claim him on waivers, thats what i heard. If thats true, I wonder how long it would be until we can safely call him back up, I think he's a great talent.

What do you mean waivers?  Is he not waiver exempt?  Also I wonder when we get to the playoffs and the max roster rule is gone if we will see a very different lineup then we are today.

#230 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

a loss and we lose franzen. siiiiiiick

#231 gowings2414

gowings2414

Jr. Prospect

• 28 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

What do you mean waivers?  Is he not waiver exempt?  Also I wonder when we get to the playoffs and the max roster rule is gone if we will see a very different lineup then we are today.

Like i said, that's what I could have sworn I heard before in a pre-game show of red wings live. I honestly have mo idea if he's exempt or not, personally I have no clue why'd he'd be someone that another team could just ******, so maybe I'm crazy XD Think about it though, why would we send him down to the minors? He had a great debut, strong presence, disciplined, heads up hockey, playmaker... Its a waste leaving him in the minors, s I assume my crazy idea that he was sent down so he wouldn't be claimed is at least plausible.

"I am number 13, because I am number 13" - Pavel Datsyuk

#232 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

I prefer Tatar over Nyquist as well. But really why cant they both be up.  There both good enough to be here and better then a lot of the dead weight over the hill grind guys that we are carrying ATM. 

Definitely agree with you. I just don't see the Red Wings playing both at the expense of the players you mentioned. Nyquist is getting wasted on the 4th line too. He probably needs more time to develop, but a small skill player on a line with Emmerton and Tootoo seems like a waste to me. Especially, as you mentioned, the top-six certainly could use a boost from other options. Tatar didn't fare much better with 3rd line treatment mostly, but he still managed to produce offensively.

The Red Wings have to explore something different on the two top lines. If there was confidence Filppula could carry his own line offensively, then that allows you to at least consider putting Pavel and Z together. Right now neither is getting any support from their wingers consistently. Samuelsson coming back isn't the answer either. Holland either has to make a move for a goal-scoring winger or give Tatar and Nyquist an opportunity there soon.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#233 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

My favorite play was when Ian White tried to skate the puck out of trouble behind the net and one of the Sharks players threw him to the ice from behind.

Ian White is sad.

#234 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

I called the loss... I just didn't think they had it in them to keep up the consistency. Hopefully they can get back in the W column these next two games at home.

#235 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Can't win with zero goals

offense is to blame in this one

not too upset though they have been good on this road trip overall

#236 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

I must admit, I got a hell of a laugh out of watching Pasha take Couture to school.  Class dismissed indeed.

Posted Image

#237 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

I called the loss... I just didn't think they had it in them to keep up the consistency. Hopefully they can get back in the W column these next two games at home.

Exactly what is the point of all these "I was right!" posts we've had lately? Do you also make a post every time you were wrong?

#238 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

2itq6jb.jpgb6vlfq.jpg

Multiple angles.

Uniform Code of Military Justice [USC Title 10, Subtitle A, Chapter 47X, Section 920, Article 120] defines rape as:

“ (a) Rape.— Any person subject to this chapter who commits a sexual act upon another person by—

(1) using unlawful force against that other person;

(2) using force causing or likely to cause death or grievous bodily harm to any person;

(3) threatening or placing that other person in fear that any person will be subjected to death, grievous bodily harm, or kidnapping;

(4) first rendering that other person unconscious; or

(5) administering to that other person by force or threat of force, or without the knowledge or consent of that person, a drug, intoxicant, or other similar substance and thereby substantially impairing the ability of that other person to appraise or control conduct;

is guilty of rape and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.[52]

Edited by irishock, 29 March 2013 - 02:02 AM.

bringit.jpg

#239 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

so many waste of space forwards on this team... just generally decent at all apsects and bring nothing good or dynamic to the roster. 

inb4 somone says err merr gewrd datsyuk zetterberg

Edited by joesuffP, 29 March 2013 - 03:43 AM.

#240 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:15 AM

Completely outplayed by a Shark team that played last night. It was too much to ask for them to sweep the road trip, wasnt it :(

We shouldn't be greedy :P 3-1-0 is a great return on a tough road trip, I'll give the team a mulligan on this one.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk