• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmorland

Red Wings Game 7 Preview Show

Rate this topic

Was this Fat Guy in a Maltby Jersey and Irishock on the broadcast? That was the worst thing I've ever heard.

1. How many games does Howard have to steal before people believe that he can steal games?

2. They lost all credibility when they said colaiacovo was an offensive defenseman

3. Detroit has gotten the bounces? Did they watch the games?

4. They must not have watched any of the wings' games against Chicago this year because we brought them to overtime 3 TIMES. They also must not have watched any of Chicago's first round games this year because they looked really bad despite the 4-1 series win. Of course Chicago will be favored against the wings, but hawks in 5? No way.

The only thing they said that I actually agreed with was that Anaheim's forechecking has been killer. We need to chip it out of the zone and chase it down or make perfect passes if we want to beat it.

They're just being realists.

I love how people who pick against the wings in every situation call themselves "realists"

Guest irishock

Fat Guy might be a little out of line sometimes but I'm only on the same wagon that GMR and some others are also on. The lack of tough guys and lack of steadiness on the back end will eventually be the death spell of this squad. My stance on this series changed the moment Dekeyser went down.

And don't pull that 'ur a bandwagoner' card. 'K? It's an outdated shtick.

Edited by irishock

Was this Fat Guy in a Maltby Jersey and Irishock on the broadcast? That was the worst thing I've ever heard.

1. How many games does Howard have to steal before people believe that he can steal games?

2. They lost all credibility when they said colaiacovo was an offensive defenseman

3. Detroit has gotten the bounces? Did they watch the games?

4. They must not have watched any of the wings' games against Chicago this year because we brought them to overtime 3 TIMES. They also must not have watched any of Chicago's first round games this year because they looked really bad despite the 4-1 series win. Of course Chicago will be favored against the wings, but hawks in 5? No way.

The only thing they said that I actually agreed with was that Anaheim's forechecking has been killer. We need to chip it out of the zone and chase it down or make perfect passes if we want to beat it.

I love how people who pick against the wings in every situation call themselves "realists"

1.) Howard was hardly "stealing" anything in games 1-3.

2.) Colaiacovo provides more offense than Lashoff will -- there's a difference between being an offensive defenseman and providing more than the previous guy

3.) The Wings have gotten plenty of breaks -- if you are watching the same games as the rest of us: 1.) Wings make awful plays in their own zone and have gotten lucky a lot 2.) Wings have caught a lot of breaks in OT

4.) The Wings blew leads in almost all, if not all the games against the Blackhawks this season. That's hardly "bring the Blackhawks to overtime" that's like barely escaping regulation for the Red Wings.

If you're looking for just a fan perspective, then SportsRadioDetroit.com may not be your cup of tea

Wingsfan4795, you may not agree with the perspectives but as with most sports radio, people don't always see eye to eye. The great thing about it though is that it adds another element of analysis to the games. Look forward to future debates on the LGW forums.