1081 replies to this topic

#1041 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 520 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

http://www.blick.ch/...-id2428941.html

its in German but the gist is that Brunner will be joining his old Swiss team on a game to game basis...

The NHL starts on 1 October - and Damien Brunner, one of Switzerland's best striker of all time, still stands there without a team. An extension of his contract with the Detroit Red Wings, he had refused. Now he could be on the EV train.

According to the "New Lucerne newspaper" it was possible that the 27-year-old marksman will wear in the upcoming season in the ECC dress.

Jakub Horak, the sporting director of Zug, says: "We do not plan to Brunner. But of course we would take him blowing a kiss. "

It would be conceivable an agreement from game to game, with the option that Brunner can get off at any time - but he should be find in the NHL. (gr)

thanks to google translate...sometimes I think they botch words (a lot)

Edited by amberlynn25, 05 September 2013 - 09:37 AM.

I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#1042 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

Sad. He could have signed with the greatest team in the world (no bias) and *earned* a top six spot.

Instead, his NHL career looks like nothing more than an experiment right now. He is definitely NHL caliber, but overplayed his hand in a really bad year to do so. It's his agent's job to know that.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1043 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

thanks to google translate...sometimes I think they botch words (a lot)

That's what makes it so much fun!

Also: Cleary maybe coming back = Brunner definitely not coming back, methinks.

Edited by Dabura, 05 September 2013 - 11:05 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1044 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

Well make no mistake the NLA is not a pewee league far from it, it's actually really good sure not NHL level but still. Whatever he decides to do I wish him well hard to believe that teams like the Devils or Perds aren't trying to get him they need scoring and he provides that.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#1045 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'm surprised no one posted the latest on him but I suppose because most honestly don't care anymore. Anyways, Sheeny came out and said that Brunner is open to any team right now and is still looking for a job. Right now the basis is that he will start the season with EV zug and will hope to join the NHL at a later date during the season.

He played his cards all wrong. I may blame his agent but in reality Brunner didn't want to re up with Detroit and he still would've been on this magical train ride.

Ya, his agent whispered all the right things in his ear and he believed him. They ended being all the wrong things. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't fired him yet, should have taken one of the offers given to him, shot himself in the foot.

#1046 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

Guess Brunner cannot withstand a full NHL season...
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#1047 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

Whaddya mean I can't beat BOSTON?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Damien Brunner: His reported asking price (two-to-three years at over $3 million per season) is why he remains unsigned. Brunner's agent, Neil Sheehy, recently claimed his client was willing to wait for the right deal. With training camps starting soon, Brunner's patience will be tested.

http://www.thehockey...ree-agents.html

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#1048 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

I think he will be SOL (Shat outta luck), any team that really has cap room also has an internal cap.

The teams that are willing to spend up to the cap for talent and a chance to win, already did so.

I don't see a team like FLA signing him in an effort to fill seats or make the post season. They are at the cap floor and that is where they like to be.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#1049 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

http://www.torontosu..._medium=twitter

Unable to find a job in the NHL, forward Damien Brunner is considering a return to Europe.

The former Detroit Red Wing could sign a temporary agreement with EV Zug in his native country of Switzerland, according to Swiss newspaper Neue Luzerner Zeitung.

Brunner played for EV Zug for five seasons before joining the Red Wings last season.

The 27-year-old unrestricted free agent recorded 12 goals and 26 points in 44 games, adding nine points in 14 playoff games.

#1050 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

I have concluded Brunner is a fool.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1051 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

I have concluded Brunner is a fool.

I have concluded that, yes sir you are correct!

phil_hartman-as-ed_mcmahon.jpg

Edited by Opie, 06 September 2013 - 08:33 AM.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#1052 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,608 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

If he was smart, he would have fired his agent a long time ago. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1053 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Who?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#1054 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Damien Brunner: His reported asking price (two-to-three years at over $3 million per season) is why he remains unsigned. Brunner's agent, Neil Sheehy, recently claimed his client was willing to wait for the right deal. With training camps starting soon, Brunner's patience will be tested.

http://www.thehockey...ree-agents.html

So because he's not willing to take anything less than $3m per season, he may very well now go back to making well under $1m in Switzerland. What fantastic logic.

#1055 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

But he'd be living at home, play far less games, travel significantly less, play a less physical game and have less pressure on him. I think his asking price is a bit high, but not outrageously high, especially considering how he played in the playoffs. It isn't always all about the money...

#1056 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

But he'd be living at home, play far less games, travel significantly less, play a less physical game and have less pressure on him. I think his asking price is a bit high, but not outrageously high, especially considering how he played in the playoffs. It isn't always all about the money...

Brunner played sheltered minutes in the playoffs. He disappeared for stretches and was never reliable defensively. He's a one-way player who contributed on the power play and suffered spells of brutal inconsistency. More, he has only one half of a season to his credit.

He doesn't merit $3m+.

#1057 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Who?

Hahahaha...Not to sound like a broken record but as soon as I saw his agents name I shat myself.  This kind of situation is like that buddy you have that has a dick head boy/girlfriend who frigs everything up because their an assh*le...#awinguntilnotone

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#1058 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

The latest on Brunner:

Breaking: Damien Brunner won't play for #EVZ. Informed team this morning and said he won't risk injury because he's negotiating w/ NHL team.

#1059 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,812 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

The guy would be a perfect fit for Nashville or New Jersey, both are desperate for offense and youth he provides both. Hard for me to understand why they haven't signed him yet.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#1060 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

The guy would be a perfect fit for Nashville or New Jersey, both are desperate for offense and youth he provides both. Hard for me to understand why they haven't signed him yet.

That's what I'm thinking.

Don't Toews me, bro!