• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

ESPN Future Power Rankings: Red Wings #2

Rate this topic

This is the ESPN that created fodder for this: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/8-most-ridiculous-things-espn-2013-nhl-rankings-195752767--nhl.html.

I'd say that says a lot about their hockey credibility, as if the comment about Chicago and the draft didn't already prove it.

Oh god the last half of that voach list is absolutely atrocious

Oh god the last half of that voach list is absolutely atrocious

Lol tell me about it. 2 coaches who haven't coached an NHL game above a coach with 11 years experience. Why even include the stat if you're going to ignore it? Also I take it they mean cups won as a head coach? Because I'm pretty sure McLellan and MacLean have cup rings. But that I can understand. But to say that someone with 5 years experience and no cups, or even Adam Oates with 1 (VERY SHORT) year and no cups, are in a better position, at this very minute, to bring success to their team than someone like Torts with 10+ years and has actually won a cup before (and now at a team that will expect to challenge no less) is ridiculous.

EDIT: What the...? Also noticed that Oates was 27-18-3 last year, whereas dead last, BOTTOM OF THE PILE, Ron Rolston has better numbers (31-15-11). Also missing Hartley's cup with the Avs in '01. That's going to sting... for both him and ESPN.

Edited by Wing Across The Pond