• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

What would you give up in return realistically? Mantha?

What do you think the Sens would want?  (Besides Mantha, obviously, since you already said that). 

#22 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:09 PM

Sproul and a pick would be my offer. He is our best prospect except Mantha. Would be fair I think if the Sens need defense.

I have no interest whatsoever in Baertschi.

Edited by RyanBarnes!, 04 October 2013 - 12:28 AM.

"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#23 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

Yeah I would NEVER cheer for a team who sends down promising young talent....

Oh wait...

Posted Image

#24 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

Well the guy I would want is Cowen, big beast physical, young and can fight. Also let's not overrate Mantha guy has yet to play a game in the NHL so until that happens he is just a prospect.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#25 SensViking

SensViking

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Realistically Cowen's just not on the table but Zibby has had trade talk all over him since last year. Personally I was surprised that Silfverberg  got sent the other way in the Ryan deal and not Zibby but who knows. Truthfully I am waiting for another Pavol Demitra to come back and bite us. What we didn't have room for THAT guy?

I guess my my thoughts would be Mantha for Zibby. We don't need another D prospect and you have no other firsts to dangle. Also I don't think a first round pick in this years draft  for Zibby  is good value because it would be  a low 1st rounder- thank you Alfie for that.

So while it might be interesting I just am not seeing Detroit and Ottawa as dance partners.

#26 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

Sproul and a pick would be my offer. He is our best prospect except Mantha. Would be fair I think if the Sens need defense.

I have no interest whatsoever in Baertschi.

You're forgetting Jarnkrok.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

So while it might be interesting I just am not seeing Detroit and Ottawa as dance partners.

Even if we each had a lot of what the other wanted, I don't see us dealing with each other for a long time. I know it's kind of blasphemy, because one can say it was totally fair (and I guess it was), but Holland going after Alfie...not really something you do with expectations of dealing with the jilted party in the near future (i.e. it's a bridge burner).

But then, Holland seems to have lost most if not all of his "trade mojo" anyway.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:40 PM

You're forgetting Jarnkrok.

Well if the Sens would take Jarnkrok over Sproul I would be happy to comply. Jarnkrok is a good prospect but I dont consider him in the same category as Zibanejad. Although this make you question Zibanejad's attitude a bit, but perhaps there is something else to it that we just dont know about. From what I have seen of him he would be a nice fit with the Red Wings. Big body, good skater and great finisher. But I dont think the Red Wings is very popular with the Sens management right now.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#29 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Well if the Sens would take Jarnkrok over Sproul I would be happy to comply. Jarnkrok is a good prospect but I dont consider him in the same category as Zibanejad. Although this make you question Zibanejad's attitude a bit, but perhaps there is something else to it that we just dont know about. From what I have seen of him he would be a nice fit with the Red Wings. Big body, good skater and great finisher. But I dont think the Red Wings is very popular with the Sens management right now.

Oh, I was just talking out-of-context. Truth be told, I don't know enough about Zibanejad to say what I would and wouldn't be willing to give up for him.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#30 SensViking

SensViking

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Funny in all of the drama surrounding Alfiegate no one has ever said a bad word about Detroit. I guess the feeling is that he chose to leave not that Detroit stole him.

I guess if a deal was good enough for Ottawa but were are now divisional opponents and GM's traditionally don't deal within divisions- just my opinion.

so as much fun as it would be for you guys to add another Swede I just don't see it happening not because of any bad blood.

Zibby needs to remember he is not an established player and he needs to work his butt off not be spinning records in an Ottawa bar at night.

#31 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Even if we each had a lot of what the other wanted, I don't see us dealing with each other for a long time. I know it's kind of blasphemy, because one can say it was totally fair (and I guess it was), but Holland going after Alfie...not really something you do with expectations of dealing with the jilted party in the near future (i.e. it's a bridge burner).

But then, Holland seems to have lost most if not all of his "trade mojo" anyway.

I don't know why, but Kenny used to be a trademaster, UFA god and over the years he has lost this mojo. The DetroitRedWings and Senators are both looking for the same thing, more offense and #1 shutdown defenseman. Sure DD might be one in the future, but so far the DetroitRedWings aren't having one.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..