Windsor Star sports writer Bob Duff talks about his new Red Wings book

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SportsRadioDetroit

SportsRadioDetroit

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

Bob Duff (Windsor Star, The Hockey News, MSNBC.com) talks about his new book, Original Six Dynasties: The Detroit Red Wings on Sports Radio Detroit.

Edited by SportsRadioDetroit, 27 November 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#2 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

I wanted to "bump" this, in order to show the cover of his most recent book, which was scheduled for release in October 2013, especially with people looking for holiday gifts:

Original Six Dynasties: Detroit Red Wings

61hZ1BLC29L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

His next book, due for release September, 2014:

50 Greatest Red Wings 

51feistVKqL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Mr. Duff was part of a pretty neat project a few years ago, regarding the statistics kept by the League. The recording of assists on goals scored was not introduced until 1918-19, the second season of the League. That meant that for the 1917-18 season, goals were the only points shown. Mr. Duff's assignment was to use every source available to recreate the scoring of each goal and assign assists were deemed necessary, which he did. Following the projects' completion, the National Hockey League Official Guide & Record book was amended.

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 30 November 2013 - 02:05 PM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#3 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

Just FYI: Bob Duff will be at Novi Public Library on 12/14 from 1-3pm reading from his book and doing signings.  Check out their website for more info: novilibrary.org.

#4 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

That project he workes on sounds awesome. As a hockey fan and a historian I would love to have an opportunity like that. Digging through early hockey articles abd video is a lot of fun.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.