• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kevin_Howell

Wally Crossman photos

Rate this topic

Hello, guys. I am new here, so pardon if i chose a wrong section for this topic. Any way, may be somebody would help me here. I need Wally Crossman photos. The only two I found are the team's photos from 1947-48 and 1996-97. I thought maybe some of you could have more. Also I hope you will help me recognioze if Wally is on this photo? And if he is, which one of non-players is him?

14wc.jpg

If Wally's on this photo, maybe some of you will share a better quality/resolution version of this pic, if he has it.

Thank you.

Edited by Kevin_Howell

Here is what I was able to dig up and discover for you. First image is the same image you posted, but bigger and a bit more clear...

12218072434_a4366d735e_o.jpg

The image below, I highlighted a few key areas. First red arrow pointed at the last name on the bottom right, it is pretty clearly written as "W. Crossman (stickboy)". I then noticed on the far left where the 2nd red arrow is, a signature that to me reads "Wally Crossman". This one was a bit more speculative, but comparing it to every other name on the photo, this is what the signature looked like to me.

Which led me to guess, as people and players generally sign team photos like this, they sign next to or right near themselves. This leads me to believe the person directly above the autographed name to be Wally Crossman. I circled the individual I felt like was the one you were looking for.

12218270186_52d75ca58f_o.jpg

The final photo below, again, it is clearly stated "Walter Crossman" as one of the two people in the front. The top of the photo description states "Left to Right" so the only option remaining of the two men in the front is that Wally is the man on the left as his name is the first. The other person up front on the right appears to be a child to me, which in the photo above there clearly are no kids. I'd assume this is said mascot.

12217862633_81809a9732_o.jpg

As far as other photos, you may want to search later into team history, not just 1943. He was apparently part of the team for 61 years as the locker room assistant, so there may be team photos including him all the way up to the 90's and beyond. I hope this was of some assistance and help you out with what you were searching for.

Oh, thank you, sir. I can't even describe how helpful your message is. I am writing an article in Russian about Wally, so I needed his photos. Thank you once again.

One more thing. I discovered that back in 2003 Hockey Digest had an article about Wally. It's called "A front-row seat for 62 years in Hockeytown" by Chuck O'Donnell. If any one has this issue and is ready to share the article, it would be awesome.

Edited by Kevin_Howell

Oh, thank you, sir. I can't even describe how helpful your message is. I am writing an article in Russian about Wally, so I needed his photos. Thank you once again.

One more thing. I discovered that back in 2003 Hockey Digest had an article about Wally. It's called "A front-row seat for 62 years in Hockeytown" by Chuck O'Donnell. If any one has this issue and is ready to share the article, it would be awesome.

This one I can't help you with as I never subscribed to Hockey Digest. Maybe someone else around here has it or knows of it.