• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miss Wing Queen

Toast of Hockeytown

Rate this topic

The Toast of Hockeytown is tonight at the Joe, and I wondered if anyone from LGW is going? This will be my first year going, and especially after that dramatic ending to last night's game, I'm very excited. Just curious if anyone has gone to ones from previous years and what it was like?

I wanted to go last year but had an exam the next morning so I figured it wasn't the best idea. Thickets were only $200 last year if I recall. Wish I could go this year but I live to far away now.

I've gone, but by now you're already there enjoying yourself :) The tickets are $200, but you get to claim $125 as a charitable donation so that's not too bad. Considering you get to have drinks and eat good food, while meeting the guys in a relaxed atmosphere. I went to the last 2 and had a great time, it was time for a break right now. Let us know how it went and share pictures if you have any.

I firmly believe it should be LGW's duty to send an envoy to this event every single year in order to clear up rumors, get answers, and deliver messages to management that get missed by the Red Wings organization since they do not read this site.

Just sayin'...

Edited by BleedRed&White

I firmly believe it should be LGW's duty to send an envoy to this event every single year in order to clear up rumors, get answers, and deliver messages to management that get missed by the Red Wings organization since they do not read this site.

Just sayin'...

This is a charity event...enough said.

To those that attended this year, please let us know how it went. Planning to attend next year.

Toast of Hockeytown was fun and well worth the $200 price of admission (most of which is tax-deductible) as always.

One funny/sad note. Past couple of years featured a "puck draw" where you could purchase a puck for $50 and one of the 200 sold would allow you to have dinner with Steve Yzerman, Ken Holland, etc. These pucks always sold out pretty quick. Last night they said it was dinner with Chris Chelios and Ken Holland...had trouble selling the last 30 pucks or so.

Had a weird hockey-chick-groupie story to match the one from last year. Standing in line, a cutish girl behind me asks anybody in line if they had seen Jiri Hudler. I said I had been talking to him about fifteen seconds before she got in line. She was antse to find him 'cause she wanted to give him her telephone number...not for a relationship but for a one-night stand. "I just want him to fk me!" was her actual comment.

Ahhhhhh......it's good to be a pro athlete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: It is funny to watch some of these women with the guys. When I was at the one in February last year, Hudler was flirting with many girls, but he was hanging around with someone that was working the event quite a bit.

It's a shame that all those pucks didn't sell because like you said it is a charity event and all the money raised goes to their charity. How did the trip do this time around? I still remember there were 2 people bidding against each other and they got up to $22,000 so they just ended it and gave it to both of them.

My girl and I went last year and again last night. For fans who want to meet players and chat with them for a couple minutes it can't be beat.. On top of that the money is for a good cause. Chris Osgood loves the fans. Both years I've gone he has been the last player to leave and won't leave until everyone who wants to meet him has done so. Almost all of the players are genuinely good easy going guys, but I've found that to be true about almost every hockey player I've met over the years. Hell Patrick Eaves did some work with the Michigan Humane Society and when we mentioned that we appreciated it he asked about our dog and wanted to see pictures.

The pucks did sell out but it took some work by Ken Daniels and Ken Kal. Ours was signed by Z so that was a nice prize. The Road trip went for $9,000 which was pretty low. I don't think having Minnesota as the destination helped.

I've never personally been, but one of my employees plays for the band that has played there the last 10 years. The pics he brings back are amazing. Last year he picked Gordie Howe's brain for over an hour - you can't ask for more than that!

"Had a weird hockey-chick-groupie story to match the one from last year. Standing in line, a cutish girl behind me asks anybody in line if they had seen Jiri Hudler. I said I had been talking to him about fifteen seconds before she got in line. She was antse to find him 'cause she wanted to give him her telephone number...not for a relationship but for a one-night stand. "I just want him to fk me!" was her actual comment.

Ahhhhhh......it's good to be a pro athlete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I would like to state, as the girl in this story, that the personal conversation that has been posted is a misconstrued and false recreation of the events. Also, this conversation never took place with the person who authored this post, but with the people standing in line behind me. I would like to clarify the following:

First lets start with that I am not by any form of the definition a "groupie". Secondly, I was not looking for Jiri Hudler because by the time I was in line for Chris Osgood, I had already met with Hudler. I do recall saying that I had spent a portion of my night looking for him. I did tell the people behind me that I asked Hudler to write his phone number down and said nothing of the sort about giving him my number, nor did I try to when I met him. Next, I recall saying that I would even settle for a one-night stand and not a relationship. Perhaps more importantly though, I never said that " I just want him to fk me!" Although it may have been implied through the context of the conversation.

"Had a weird hockey-chick-groupie story to match the one from last year. Standing in line, a cutish girl behind me asks anybody in line if they had seen Jiri Hudler. I said I had been talking to him about fifteen seconds before she got in line. She was antse to find him 'cause she wanted to give him her telephone number...not for a relationship but for a one-night stand. "I just want him to fk me!" was her actual comment.

I would like to state, as the girl in this story, that the personal conversation that has been posted is a misconstrued and false recreation of the events. Also, this conversation never took place with the person who authored this post, but with the people standing in line behind me. I would like to clarify the following:

First lets start with that I am not by any form of the definition a "groupie". Secondly, I was not looking for Jiri Hudler because by the time I was in line for Chris Osgood, I had already met with Hudler. I do recall saying that I had spent a portion of my night looking for him. I did tell the people behind me that I asked Hudler to write his phone number down and said nothing of the sort about giving him my number, nor did I try to when I met him. Next, I recall saying that I would even settle for a one-night stand and not a relationship. Perhaps more importantly though, I never said that " I just want him to fk me!" Although it may have been implied through the context of the conversation.

LMFAO

Someone got turned down

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this must be a joke.

If not.. I feel bad for whomever jumps in the sack with you; who knows what you've picked up. "Settling for a one night stand" is a nicer way of saying "I just want him to Fk me!" And hoping/seeking to get laid by NHL players would definitely classify you as a groupie.

But hell, maybe Happy should have took you up on the deal. Maybe after getting laid his game would come around.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this must be a joke.

If not.. I feel bad for whomever jumps in the sack with you; who knows what you've picked up. "Settling for a one night stand" is a nicer way of saying "I just want him to Fk me!" And hoping/seeking to get laid by NHL players would definitely classify you as a groupie.

But hell, maybe Happy should have took you up on the deal. Maybe after getting laid his game would come around.

Question is, who is more of the charity case.... Hudler or the girl wanting to cluck

By the way, Hudler's Girl's profile gender is "male" :lol:

"I paid 200 dollars and going to laid" :unsure:

Edited by Rivalred