• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Icer

Griffins Move To North Division

Rate this topic

Realignment

New division rivals are Rochester, Syracuse, Toronto, Manitoba, Hamilton, and Cleveland. The new schedule also includes 4 games (2 home, 2 away) with Chicago.

I like the new alignment. At least now they don't have to play a billion games against San Antonio and Houston.

Is the North division tougher?

Yes and no. At the top, Rochester led the entire AHL with 112 points. St. John and Manitoba finished with 98 points. Based on points alone, the Griffins would've finished fifth and out of the playoffs.

The bottom of the North division is no pushover either. Cleveland had 78 points but finished dead last. There are no easy wins like San Antonio and Utah. In fact, not one team in the North division had a losing record at home.

That said, I expect a lot of the top players on those teams to find roster spots in the NHL next season so the division might be a lot less talented.

Yes and no. At the top, Rochester led the entire AHL with 112 points. St. John and Manitoba finished with 98 points. Based on points alone, the Griffins would've finished fifth and out of the playoffs.

The bottom of the North division is no pushover either. Cleveland had 78 points but finished dead last. There are no easy wins like San Antonio and Utah. In fact, not one team in the North division had a losing record at home.

That said, I expect a lot of the top players on those teams to find roster spots in the NHL next season so the division might be a lot less talented.

I imagine that Buffalo brings up 2-3 guys from Rochester.

Toronto will really utilize having the Marlies on the other side of town, making for constant line-up changes and hopefully little chemistry.

To bad the Peoria Rivermen are not in the division. I only live 30 minutes from them, and I would to love to see the Griffins play here quite often.