• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mannysBETTER3434

Piston's Off-Season News/Rumors

Rate this topic

MEET YOUR PISTONS:

Barring another deal, the Pistons' roster is full at 15 players. Second-round picks Alex Acker and Amir Johnson must make the roster in camp to earn guaranteed contracts. The roster with players' opening day ages:

PLAYER POS HT WT AGE COMMENT

Alex Acker G 6-5 185 22

2nd-round pick was most consistent player in summer, has shot at roster spot.

Carlos Arroyo PG 6-2 202 26

Puerto Rican rarely played in playoffs. Will Flip find time for his flashy passes?

Chauncey Billups PG 6-3 202 28

Now that Larry's gone, will Billups be liberated and take more shots for Flip?

Dale Davis C-F 6-11 252 36

The new Elden Campbell, though he should contribute more on offense.

Carlos Delfino G-F 6-6 230 23

Contributed little in '04-05. Now he's healthy and must score off the bench.

Ronald Dupree SF 6-7 209 24

If team signs one more player, as expected, will have to earn job in training camp.

Richard Hamilton SG 6-7 193 27

Self-proclaimed best-conditioned player could improve three-pointer shooting.

Lindsey Hunter G 6-2 195 34

Bulldog stops opponents, then can pimp their ride at his Sterling Heights car shop.

Amir Johnson F 6-9 210 18

Team says he could play this season, even if he was a 12th-grader months ago.

Jason Maxiell PF 6-7 260 22

Mini-Ben Wallace should get time but must overcome being a tad undersized.

Antonio McDyess PF 6-9 245 31

Hungry for a title. Should return more motivated and injury-free again.

Darko Milicic F-C 7-0 245 20

Will play more. Likely a make-or-break season, though fans say he's a bust.

Tayshaun Prince SF 6-9 215 25

Team needs quality backup, or he could end up with tired legs again in playoffs.

Ben Wallace C 6-9 240 31

Three NBA defensive player of the year awards, but struggled at times in Finals.

Rasheed Wallace F-C 6-11 230 31

On the spot after inconsistent playoffs and Game 5 mistake on Robert Horry shot.

Swingman Maurice Evans, a restricted free agent from the Sacramento Kings, on Wednesday signed a multiyear offer sheet with the Pistons. It is believed to be for $1.5 million a year.

The Pistons will have to wait to bring Evans on board because the Kings have seven days to match the offer.

Geoff Petrie, the Kings' president of basketball operations, said Wednesday the team is unlikely to match.

Evans, a 6-foot-5, 220-pounder, is being brought in to provide a backup for Prince. He is known for aggressive defense, rebounding and some scoring.

Swingman Maurice Evans, a restricted free agent from the Sacramento Kings, on Wednesday signed a multiyear offer sheet with the Pistons. It is believed to be for $1.5 million a year.

The Pistons will have to wait to bring Evans on board because the Kings have seven days to match the offer.

Geoff Petrie, the Kings' president of basketball operations, said Wednesday the team is unlikely to match.

Evans, a 6-foot-5, 220-pounder, is being brought in to provide a backup for Prince. He is known for aggressive defense, rebounding and some scoring.

Wow Joe D has certainly opted for grit and defence over talent this off-season (Maxiell, Davis, Evans). I hope these are the right decisions, 'cause we STILL have little scoring punch off the bench and Miami is lookin' pretty scary.

Too bad Finley didn't want to come off the bench for us. I guess I'm glad we didn't get Sprewell since his attitude is pretty poor.

P.S. It's funny how Joe D and Kenny Holland are at virtually the opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to building a centender.

To be honest, I'm sick to death of recruiting and drafting players with agressive styles, good defensive skills but vertually NO offensive game. I know Dumars only had $5M to offer, but in reality we signed two players who will contribute very little offence, which is what we need. We need scoring off the bench, and these two aren't going to fix this problem.

Van Exel is a little washed up....

First it was Miami and now it's S.A. Aussie?

Yeh I changed my mind biggrin.gif

Seriously though the Spurs are loaded. They have improved their roster quite considerably in the off season, and will be extremely hard to beat.

I also found this interesting:

Darko Milicic is playing games in Europe, and he is looking a bit lost on the court.

The Pistons center is playing for his Serbia and Montenegro national team, which beat visiting Croatia on Thursday night in a warm-up for the European championships.

Damir Jovanovic, a writer for jadransport.org, described Milicic's performance: Milicic "made a good appearance, although he seemed a bit uncertain what to do with the ball when he got it. (His face was like, 'Wow, I'm holding it.')

"At first, he quickly got into the game and made a superb block, couple of rebounds and scored three points. So there's some hope for this talented lad, who if given more time in his NBA club could make a nice career."

Milicic, the No. 2 pick in the 2003 draft, is expected to compete for significant time in the Pistons' rotation this season.