• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

James "Jimmy" Howard

Rate this topic

2. I think and Neil has said something along the lines of this a few times as well, that what more does Liv have to prove in the Swedish League? He's won many titles there, hes done his job and done it well. What more is there to do? simple. AHL

Ya hes in his 20s your upset hes not turning into the soild goalie he was projected to be? sh*t happens man, doesn't mean hes done.

That is the problem. He shoulda came over last year to continue his development. He had nothing left to accomplish, but didn't venture over here. As Barnes said, he'll be 25 in December and has no N.American hockey experience. If he doesn't come over now, he'll be pretty close to 30 before he can crack the line-up, if Howard lets him. Personally I would love to see him come over, from what I understand he's quite a character, but I doubt we'll ever find out.

This I agree with. I guess what gets me is posters here knockin on Liv for being a flop when its really not him at all, its management. He easily should have been over in the AHL by now and your right if hes not here by 2006 or 2007 he will be done. Be done with the wings and instead signed and properly handled by another team.

It was Liv's choice to stay in Sweden after his team, HV 71, won the SEL championship. If he'd signed, he may have played well enough in the AHL last season to get considered as Detroit's backup this season. Instead, he stayed in Sweden, didn't play well, and now he will probably be in the NHL no sooner than 2007, if he ever comes over at all.

From DetNews.com:

Contracts offered

Holland said the Wings have offered contracts to goalie Jimmy Howard and forward Valtteri Filppula, each of whom is a recent draft pick.

He expects a response from both this week.

Howard was a second-round pick in 2003. He would start his senior season at Maine in September. The Wings project him as starter in the NHL.

Filppula was a third-round selection in 2002 and has remained in Finland. But the Wings believe he is ready to make the jump to North America after several impressive seasons in Europe.

Howard and Filppula would begin their pro careers in Grand Rapids, the Wings' top minor-league affiliate.

2. I think and Neil has said something along the lines of this a few times as well, that what more does Liv have to prove in the Swedish League? He's won many titles there, hes done his job and done it well. What more is there to do? simple. AHL

Ya hes in his 20s your upset hes not turning into the soild goalie he was projected to be? sh*t happens man, doesn't mean hes done.

That is the problem. He shoulda came over last year to continue his development. He had nothing left to accomplish, but didn't venture over here. As Barnes said, he'll be 25 in December and has no N.American hockey experience. If he doesn't come over now, he'll be pretty close to 30 before he can crack the line-up, if Howard lets him. Personally I would love to see him come over, from what I understand he's quite a character, but I doubt we'll ever find out.

This I agree with. I guess what gets me is posters here knockin on Liv for being a flop when its really not him at all, its management. He easily should have been over in the AHL by now and your right if hes not here by 2006 or 2007 he will be done. Be done with the wings and instead signed and properly handled by another team.

It was Liv's choice to stay in Sweden after his team, HV 71, won the SEL championship. If he'd signed, he may have played well enough in the AHL last season to get considered as Detroit's backup this season. Instead, he stayed in Sweden, didn't play well, and now he will probably be in the NHL no sooner than 2007, if he ever comes over at all.

Detroit has reportedly asked Liv to stay in Sweden this year even though Liv would rather come over because of the Brian Boucher incident last season. Speaking of the Boucher thing;

Liv's pre-Boucher stats

10 games, 3.62 GAA, .878 sv pct.

Liv's post-Boucher stats

30 games, 2.75 GAA, .898 sv pct.

Boucher's stats

4 games, 3.32 GAA, .883 sv pct.

Detroit has reportedly asked Liv to stay in Sweden this year even though Liv would rather come over because of the Brian Boucher incident last season. Speaking of the Boucher thing;

Liv's pre-Boucher stats

Liv's post-Boucher stats

Boucher's stats

They said that Liv had a hard time because his team refused to pick up NHLers. Wonder if Boucher left a bad taste in their mouths. Any news on the status of Howard's contract?

Liv's pre-Boucher stats

Liv's post-Boucher stats

Boucher's stats

They said that Liv had a hard time because his team refused to pick up NHLers. Wonder if Boucher left a bad taste in their mouths. Any news on the status of Howard's contract?

Nothing I've been able to find.

Although the Liv/NHLers thing is accurate...

The list of NHLers to play for HV 71 last season:

Eriksson 32 games

Malhotra 20 games

Cheechoo 20 games

McCabe 10 games

Boucher 4 games

Considering that most other teams had NHL stars for the full season, it's hard to disagree with that assessment.

Edited by eva unit zero

What's the situation with the Griffins goalies?

Could this be our system?

Red Wings

1. Osgood/UFA-sign

2. MacDonald

Griffins

1. Howard

2. Liv

Or is there McIntyre still signed?

Where is Legace in that list?

From what I've come to believe, this would look more accurate:

WINGS:

1 - Osgood