• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Creasemonkey

No more centers

Rate this topic

Lang, Draper, Mowers, and Franzen are all centers. Yzerman's a natural center who's been playing the wing to stay on the team. As I understand it, Zetterberg's a natural center as well. If you're gonna try and sign somebody, sign some damn wingers instead of signing decent centers and putting them on the wing. If we managed to sign all our RFA's, our 4th line would be made up entirely of centers. Enough with the damn centers already.

Zetterberg has been known to play left wing as well there guy, so don't freak out so much, Yzerman is good at any position he plays and Franzen may not play full-time center which isn't the end of the world. We aren't looking for centers unless we can't resign Dats or Zetterberg, otherwise as far as I know and anyone knows, Kenny is looking for wingers to fill out the roster, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it, stop assuming that you know what's happening behind closed doors. Too many people on this site do that and it's damn annoying.

Zetterberg has been known to play left wing as well there guy, so don't freak out so much, Yzerman is good at any position he plays and Franzen may not play full-time center which isn't the end of the world. We aren't looking for centers unless we can't resign Dats or Zetterberg, otherwise as far as I know and anyone knows, Kenny is looking for wingers to fill out the roster, so I wouldn't be too concerned about it, stop assuming that you know what's happening behind closed doors. Too many people on this site do that and it's damn annoying.

When did I ever say I knew anything about what's going on behind closed doors? Don't lump me in with the other "chicken little" types on the board. If we signed our RFA's, we'd have 7 centers. I'd say that's one too many at least. I know where Zetterberg has played there, guy. Your entire post has me pegged as being in panic mode, but I never stated anything to indicate as such. Putting words in my mouth I never said...now THAT is "damn annoying".

Take it easy there, "Chicken Little." Now that kind of phrase is damn annoying, haha. If we had 7 centers it wouldn't be any different than past years, even when we won the cup, Zetterberg can play left wing as well, Yzerman can play all positions, Datsyuk has played right wing and Draper has been known to play on the wing too from time to time. These are all facts that negate this topic even being an issue, since signing Datsyuk and Zetterberg is a priority, one or both of them are the future of this team.

I think the point Crease is making is that a natural winger can do the banging in the corners and forecheck more effectively than a natural center slid over to wing. Plus we are somewhat gentle up front. I am glad Holland said he'd be filling in the open roster spots with some size (I hope that means bigger, lol) since McCarty and Hatcher are gone. Sounds like a wee hours misunderstanding. G'day.