• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Chad Johnson

Rate this topic

But T.O. does it all the time.

And look what happened to him. F%$# Chad Johnson, too, I can't stand him. What is it about wide receivers that, more than all other positions in all sports combined, make them the biggest assholes?

I hope Chad gets one catch for 6 yards the whole game....on a play from the 7 yard line.

And look what happened to him.  F%$# Chad Johnson, too, I can't stand him.  What is it about wide receivers that, more than all other positions in all sports combined, make them the biggest assholes?

I hope Chad gets one catch for 6 yards the whole game....on a play from the 7 yard line.

Receivers, as you put it, are "the biggest assholes" because they are pretty much forced to do everything alone. They beat the DB and catch the s***ty pass from the quarterback all alone. They are selfish players and want credit where credit is due: themselves.

I have to disagree with you on Johnson though. He is like TO in the sense that he's very charismatic but he doesnt take himself as seriously. I personally cant stand TO but Johnson is cool.

Edited by ARice89

And look what happened to him.  F%$# Chad Johnson, too, I can't stand him.  What is it about wide receivers that, more than all other positions in all sports combined, make them the biggest assholes?

Receivers, as you put it, are "the biggest assholes" because they are pretty much forced to do everything alone. They beat the DB and catch the s***ty pass from the quarterback all alone. They are selfish players and want credit where credit is due: themselves.

I have to disagree with you on Johnson though. He is like TO in the sense that he's very charismatic but he doesnt take himself as seriously. I personally cant stand TO but Johnson is cool.

Yes, receivers must do it all alone, beat their guy and then catch the ball, and take one hit, maybe two.

As opposed to quarterbacks, who must make a good throw or handoff, or run the ball themselves, and get hit EVERY PLAY, as opposed to one of every five plays.

Or a running back for that matter, the guy has to block when he's not carrying the ball, and when he is he gets to try and get by SEVERAL defenders who are trying to tackle him, not just trying to stay close and prevent him from catching a pass (which is ALSO something a running back must do)

Not to mention that rarely ever do you see fewer than three players who are primarily receivers in an offense--be they a WR or a TE. Often there will be a four-receiver set with only one running back. This is used especially often when it comes to teams with mobile quarterbacks, as they will always have a double-threat for a rushing game.

How about tight ends? They have to perform all the duties of a WR, but also perform the duties of a lineman.

A WR not involved in the play will simply run his route and not worry about being anything other than a decoy. every other player on the field must get actively involved with the play EVERY DOWN.