• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Big downer for McGrath

Rate this topic

That's a bummer on McGrath, but Abdelkader has another chance next year, right? Anyway, it looks like a heck of a USA Team. It'll be fun to see what Walt Kyle will do as head coach.

Oh hey, will there be any kind TV coverage for the WJC this year?

Nope. U.S. RELEASES ROSTER

On a completely unrelated note, however, Latendresse made the Canadian WJC roster. But we won't get into that...

No he didn't.

He made the list of 18 forwards invited to final camp. He's not garanteed a spot at all.

I thought you guys might find this amusing: Canada's team finalized for 2006 WJHC

Sutter tried to get an equal blend of size, skill and speed up front. This team will likely score by committee, although Michigan's Andrew Cogliano, David Bolland of the London Knights, Sudbury's Benoit Pouliot and Drummondville's Guillaume Latendresse were named to the team based on their goal-scoring and playmaking ability.

And not a single Wings' prospect to be found...

ok

Your response is appreciated Heaton...

Anyways, this was just a long-awaited response to a debate about Latendresse earlier in the thread. But, then again, I think every thread in the "Prospects Watch" forum concerns Latendresse in some way. laugh.gif

We've still got four in the hunt.  Kindl (CZ), Axelsson, Ritola, and Ryno (please please pan out) (SWE).

peace

Yeah, I know about our European prospects. Kindl should be a second-pairing defenceman in the future, and I also have high hopes for Ryno. He's got the size to be a power-forward. That Axelsson seems like a decent third/fourth line player, but he's certainly not a game breaker. And from what I've read, Ritola is a decent all-round prospect, but I hear he has motivational problems.

Even still, I do like having some North American prospects in the system; I've always appreciated a sense of balance.

Even still, I do like having some North American prospects in the system; I've always appreciated a sense of balance.

We've got a sprinkling. Quincey should also be a good 2nd pairing guy (Kindl actually has elite potential if he can get ahold of it). McGrath potential 2nd liner. Haskins if he can bulk up is having a huge year with Toronto. We have a couple guys in the WHL drafted this year (Helm and May) that are having decently good years. Abdelkader might be good for a Maltby type role if he makes it.

We just haven't drafted high enough for real game breakers (on either side of the Atlantic) so were stocked up on support guys (2nd line, 2nd pairing and lower).

peace